Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete warranty claim for Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone advise if Versa 2 has a serial number. I had the red X clear data problem to sync. Followed forum advice to delete app, re- install and pair device again. Unfortunately this did not work and device now dead and won't charge. I contacted  Fitbit support. They are saying no device is paired and won't help. They only have details of my previous device. I only purchased this device on 27/8/22. It is only five months old and still under warranty . I paired this device on 3/9/22 on my account. I have 5 months of data on my account. They are still refusing to help. Can anyone advise how I can resolve this ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Linzz and welcome to the Community.  If you saved the box, the serial number is on the box.  Unfortunately, it isn't engraved on the pebble.  Did you buy your Versa 2 from Fitbit?  If so, they should have a record of it.

To help you every way that I can, I'm going to flag your post to get a moderator to help.  Don't expect an "instant" response from a moderator.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Linzz@LZeeW Thanks for the heads up and your help.

@Linzz Thanks for bringing this to our attention and getting in touch with our Support team. I understand how frustrating this has been for you and appreciate your feedback. Because you have a case created, I've forwarded your post so our team can have them on hand. They have specialized tools and I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Fitbit on line. Unfortunately all I have is the box and device. I have sent pictures of the box showing the bar code and serial numbers but they are still saying they can't help. I offered to post the box and device back but they state this is not possible. I feel customer's need to be aware of these problems before purchasing these devices from other sources. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Linzz.

Thanks for getting back with more details about this situation. Before anything else, let me clarify that every Fitbit product purchased from either our online store or through an authorized retailer will be covered by our Limited Warranty. You can find more details about the conditions to claim your warranty here.

That being said, while I don't have access to your case, please reply back to your email case if you need further assistance. Our Support team has access to all your details and I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply but it seems they are unwilling to honour my limited warranty . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Linzz Where did you buy it? Would seem the issue here is Fitbit doesn't see it as being qualified for a Warranty. Would think support would have been up front with that though. Ebay for example, is not an authorized retailer and you wouldn't get a Warranty. 

Best Answer

I did not purchase it from Ebay. I purchased it from a comparison website and selected one of their suggested retailers. Unfortunately I am unable to find the conformation email from the seller. I have however provided fitbit support with my credit card statement and the box the device came in. Apparently this is not enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Linzz I have received warranty support for a versa 1, 2, and 3. Never needed proof of purchase. They have "specialized tools" and can see if it qualifies for Warranty. I bought mine at Kohls and Costco. You used the comparison websites suggested retailers and not Fitbits authorized retailer list? You're still not saying who it was. A reputable company would be able to help with something as simple as purchase info.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately  I am unable to find the email from the company I bought it from and can't remember the company. That is why I sent  a picture of the box with barcode and various other numbers on in the hope they could accept this as proof.  I also  on 3/9/22  naively thought when I paired the device on my account , this would create a digital trail  for that specific device and the serial number would be logged. Please note I have never requested a replacement, I just wanted the device I have looked at and fixed.

Best Answer

@Linzz Fitbit doesn't repair. Replacement is the only option if they are not working right. 

My understanding is, if it was an authorized retailer, you would have had the digital trail once adding it to your account. 

Best Answer

That was my understanding as well. However because I followed the advice of the fitbit forum to try and solve the red X error by deleting app and re-installing device again, fitbit are saying there is no device paired. My account does show 5 months of data up until the error on 19/2/23. When I paired the device originally would I not get a message to say this is not a recognised device?

I am currently contacting my credit card company  to try and get the details of the retailer I used.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Linzz   Yesterday, you wrote that you offered to "post" the box.  I think everyone trying to help you is in the US and you are not.  I think you should look at your country's consumer protection laws.  Many countries have more consumer friendly protection laws.  Some EU countries require a two year warranty. 

To clarify things.  Fitbit has Authorized Retailers and there is a link to Authorized Retailers in your county at the bottom of the page.  Buying from an authorized retailer protects consumers.  You know that you aren't getting counterfeit merchandise.  Are you sure you can't get the seller information from your credit card history?  I can go back years.  Finding that information might help a lot.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Linzz@MarkMM and @LZeeW Thanks for stopping by to help our friend.

@Linzz Thanks for sharing more details about this situation. Every case is handled individually and depending on each scenario, there will be some requirements that our Support team needs to fulfill in order to complete the warranty claim. I see your point of view and appreciate your feedback as it'll help us to keep improving.

I've forwarded your other posts to our team so they look into your case details and provide you with more information. You'll receive an email shortly, please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes