Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update ruined my text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After this recent update, I am now unable to receive text messages on my Versa. I have tried everything. I have restarted phone and Versa. Checked all the notifications permissions. Synced them over and over. I have researched this forum for new ideas and tried them all, but while on this forum I noticed that this is not the first time this has happened when updates get put out. I noticed it happened on 2018 as well. I am a new Versa owner but now I am wondering what the use of it is now since I can't receive my text messages. Has anyone else had this problem with the new update that came out last  month? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I'm curious as to which update it was? 

Was it an update to the tracker? We are on the hardware board. 

Or an update to the Fitbit app on an unknown phone, or maybe an update to the phone? 

Best Answer

I actually lost text message notifications BEFORE the latest update.  A few days after text notifications stopped working, the firmware update came out  (which was on Sept. 19) and I thought that was going to be the fix... clearly, that's not it.  Text and call notifications are the #1 reason that I wear a smartwatch, so this is a huge bummer. 

Best Answer

It was an update to my tracker I believe. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And, actually, I just uninstalled and reinstalled my Fitbit app, and now it's working! Yay!

Best Answer

I just started researching the same problem. FitBit had an update, late last week I think - it took forever to run! I noticed over the weekend that I lost Facebook Messenger notifications as well as Text Message notifications, all other notifications seem to be working fine. I've done the same as you and tried "fixing" lots of different settings, but nothing seems to work. Also, as another reply said, I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't seem to do the trick. This feature is super important to me - so I hope they find a fix soon! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

When my coworker reinstalled the app, it wasn't working at first... she had to "Enable Notifications" .... I'm sure I did that too, but I wasn't paying attention. lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything most others tried, reinstalling the app, removing and readding Versa to Bluetooth, rebooting everything and also cleared the Fitbit app cache as some suggested.  I finally got the notifications working.  But Music Control still will not stay connected.  I have put the Versa in pair to get it to connect to the phone, but after a few minutes, it goes to Off and disconnects. If I turn Restore Music Controls to On, it still will not connect.  Only connects in pair mode.   But, what this I did to finally fix my notifications issue.  (make sure you sync before you do this) I first remove Versa and Versa Classic from Bluetooth on the phone.  Then I went into the Fitbit app and removed my Versa. I rebooted my phone.  Then I connected the Versa to the Bluetooth again.  I when into the Fitfit app to set up a Device and added my Versa back.  After I got it set back up, I when to another device and sent myself some test Texts, Emails, and a call, and I did get notified on my Versa.   Now If I only could get the Music Control to stay connected.  I had no problem with it until the Firmware update. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for all your suggestions. Magically - my text messages started showing up about half a day later. Yay!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine to work. I had to uninstall the fit bit app on my phone and reinstall it... Sync it and turn on the notifications again and it worked!!! Hope this helps you too. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it works!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine works now. I had to uninstall the fit bit app and then reinstall

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to do this every day to get my Fitbit to sync with my phone. I am really tired of the **ahem** updates everyday and if I update, you got it the phone will not sync with my versa! I spent a lot of money on a watch that is literally just telling time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a restart of the phone? 

Btw no mention of the phone model when mentioning a problem with the phone? 

Best Answer

Same here. The app says 'Notification service is stopped'. The problem began after I installed the new firmware. Now I have to stop the app, clean the cache, remove storage, remove bluetooth connection, then start the app, login and configure it again, and again, and again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not sure which phone you have @The-real-URB but if the firmware messed up messaging then we want to check the settings on the tracker, not the phone. 

What you say you do to your phone tells me the the firmware update was not the cause. 

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

As for notification services have stopped, check permission and do a search on the board for your phone model. You should find solved threads. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The way it got fixed was I had to uninstall the fitbit app and then reinstall it.

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

It can be a coincidence, but problems were noticed after the firmware upgrade. Maybe there was an update of the phone or the app around that same time...
The phone with the problem is an OnePlus 6 with lastest updates: Android 9, Oxygen 9.0.9

Best Answer
0 Votes