Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Versa while drumming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the best way to track a drumming session while wearing the Versa? I tried all of the standstill excercises (Yoga, Workout, Weights,..), but all of them still register steps taken during my session. A 40-minute drumming session (tracked as 'weights') resulted in +4,121 steps and a distance of 3.85km, while sitting on my chair

I know I can manually log an activity, but I'd like to keep my heart rate measurements to be shown.

Any advice for tracking a drumming session without the activity tracking steps?

Kind regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, it seems not as a surprise to me that your drumming leads to an increase in steps. The Versa counts your steps by swinging/moving your arms, which happens when you drum. The only way AFAIK to prevent that is to take of your Versa during drumming.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Kuzibri

But you would expect to ignore the 'steps' I took during a weightlifting-exercise.. Weightlifting also requires movement of the arm without actually taking any steps. Even when tracking 'Weights' as exercise while drumming, it counts movement as steps.

Taking my Versa off is indeed the most correct way unfortunately, but drumming can be intensive and being seen as a workout. Sadly I can't register it as such for my daily activity etc.

Thanks anyways!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, weightlifting is something else than drumming in priciple, cause you're making a totally different kind of arm movement that during drumming. Movinf your arms up and down is something else than swinging fore- and backwards as in walking. What you could try is: click on the amount icon on your Fitbit's dashnoard screen, scroll down to exercise, click it and choose one of the activities than comes closest to your drumming and enable it. Maybe that's a workaround, otherwise take your watch off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll give it a try, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome, that's why we are around to be of help.

Best Answer
0 Votes