Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Broken Heart Rate Monitor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the past few days, my heart rate monitor has been stuck on one number, for example consistently showing 99 BPM all day, even during exercise and at rest. Sometimes the green lights stop flashing too.

I have read multiple forums and tried all the following:

-Changing the clock face

-Gently cleaning the watch and the monitor

-Syncing my device

-Turning the heart rate features on and off again through the settings

-Charging my device

-Restarting the device

-Factory resetting it

Sometimes after one of these methods, it will begin to work again but within twenty minutes it stops on one number again. It's annoying because I can't track my exercise accurately or my sleep.

The watch is only around 12 months old. Is there anything else the can be tried?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

If its just under 12 months, check if under warranty? Hopefully you still have it under warranty. My Versa 2 did the same (but owned it for 14 months). You have literally tried every fitbit troubleshooting steps but to no avail (just like the rest of us).

It is very common for these Versa 2's heart rate monitor to stop working. Mainly because they are usually set to continuous heart monitor and either the green light is taxed and overused that it eventually fails just like any small digital electronics. My own opinion, the versa 2 heart rate technology has poor quality control. This is why Fitbit does not have a repair depot for 3rd party out of warranty repairs and only have a 2 year device retainment to handout customers refurbished products when a warranty is submitted. After 2-3 years, Fitbit will not longer carry those Versa 2's. Almost all of the Fitbit warranty replacements are due to failing heart rate  monitor. 

First sign its going to be completely defective is when the heart rate numerical reading is stuck. Mine was stuck at 96. Noticed the light never came on. 

I factory reset the watch, the blue light returned for 20 minutes then it gave out on me. After a 100x factory resets, the device is now just a nice digital watch, a step and sleep tracker but no heart rate monitor. I would suggest stave off the fitbit products. I do like fitbits but quality control for their sensors is their biggest problem. If you are going to buy a new one, get a 2 year warranty from whatever store you bought it from. 

Best Answer