Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2: Charger, Microphone, and Quick Replies

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Could someone please explain to me what the deal is with the Versa 2 charger? 

Why does the cord come straight out the back so it can't be set on a flat surface? 

What is that rubber bit with the notch there for?

Why didn't y'all make it compatible with the Versa chargers? (I have 2)

Microphone:  Other than Alexa (which I have no desire to use), what apps use the mic?  How do I get it to do speech to TXT?  There doesn't seem to be an option - even when leaving the app on in the background.

And speaking of Texts... I get my Notifs (Message+) just fine, but there is no "quick reply" for me to select.  Just "Open" and "Cancel".  What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Mr.Clean, welcome to the community.

The Versa 2 charger is designed to be sat on it's side, so that the cable is coming out of the back as opposed to the bottom. I agree, it's a poor design compared to the original Versa charger.

As far as I know the microphone can only be used for Alexa and voice replies. That's not to say that there won't be future uses for it. 

As for voice replies and quick replies, which phone are you using? Both of these are an Android only feature. Unfortunately because of Apple's restrictive nature in iOS, its currently not possible for a 3rd party vendor to access the required permissions for these features to work. If you are an iOS user, this would explain why you haven't got the option. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  RE: Phone/Quick Replies.

Kyocera Dual Force E6910  Android 9, no root.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for confirming the phone model. 

It may just be a case that the message+ app doesn't support quick replies. Are you able to use quick replies with any other apps/notifications? Also if you receive a message via message+, are you able to reply (quick reply) directly from the notification banner on the phone? From my experience the Versa 2 only mirrors the options that are available there (as described here), maybe this is why you are only seeing open and cancel.

I think the first thing I would check is to see if you can get it working with any other apps (to see if it actually works at all). I can confirm the Google messages app, WhatsApp and Telegram all work from my own personal experience. I'm not sure if this will be any use to you though if you don't use any of those services. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just started working.  Dunno why.  Glad it did though.

Now I just have to wait to get a proper bedside charging dock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear it's now working.

I think there are some good 3rd party charging stands on Amazon, although I cannot recommend any as I just stuck with the OEM charger (however awful it is). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes