Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Heart Rate Drops when working out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Afternoon 

I’ve had my Fitbit Versa 2 for about 4 months now and ever since I got it, 9 times out of 10, when exercising, the heart rate drops out. I’ve never had this issue before with any of my other Fitbits. I have tried wearing it in different positions, tighter / looser and I have also put it on the inside of my arm, but still it does not help solve the issue. Please can you help as it is really starting to bug me now. Many thanks, Sarah. 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sjlund91. Thank you for mentioning the steps  you have taken in order to improve your Versa 2 heart rate from dropping out while exercising. 

As with all heart-rate tracking technology, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, device location on your arm, and type of movement.

For a more accurate heart-rate reading:

• Wear your Fitbit device on top of your wrist, and make sure the back of the device is in contact with your skin.
  • When you’re not exercising, wear your device a finger’s width above your wrist bone.

During exercise, wear your device a bit tighter and higher for an improved fit. The band should be snug but not constricting (a tight band restricts blood flow, potentially affecting the heart-rate signal). Many exercises such as bike riding or weight lifting cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which could interfere with the heart-rate signal if the watch is lower on your wrist.

What are some other tips to resolve heart-rate tracking issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes