Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 - Notifications that should be OFF...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok two things are driving me nuts, and it's really not the versa as it is the fitbit APP.

1) I am CONSTANTLY getting the notice that the Location services are disabled, and to please enable. I have it turned OFF inside the app AND in my location services for a reason! I don't need it to track everywhere I go... so how do I force it to STOP telling me this daily, at least 2-3 x a day. Sometimes right after I close the app, other times, like an hour later randomly. I'm home! I don't need it telling me that LOL

2) For the past 2-3 days I've suddenly started getting these "almost time for bed" notices... I do NOT have that on, and I never turned it on. I don't need it telling me what time it thinks I should go to bed at, when I didn't set it.

How do I fix these issues, or is this a bug? It's frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Go to this article - click - to read about it. Location is a requirement.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

NO idea why this was chosen to be the best answer, but it isn't correct... I have IOS. Not Android.

Additionally, it clearly states in the first toggle,

"If you don't want to share your location, you can turn off the location permission for the Fitbit app on your phone."

Done. Still doesn't work. I work from home. I don't want the GPS running, and I don't need the gps running. If I choose to go for a walk, I can choose to put it on when I want it. It should NOT prompt me if I have it off but it does so relentlessly still.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aljw  there was no best answer chosen here. Maybe you were trying to post in another thread?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I misread that where it said 'choose' as the best answer, I read that as chosen. However, no, it was this thread I was replying to. You sent me a link which was for Android... I use IOS. (Sorry it's extremely late in my reply, I never got notice the first time and honestly just tried to ignore the issue).

But it's still frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aljw did a search and in the iOS forum area, a few days back, a member said that this is a known bug that Apple acknowledges. Have you checked with them? Here is the post - click to read.

Best Answer
0 Votes