Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 - Screen went black, won’t turn on or charge

My Versa 2 had 23% battery life last night when I put it on the charger. Went I took it off this AM, the screen showed a battery symbol with an exclamation point. No biggie, I figured I just didn’t connect it to the charger correctly. However, once the battery symbol disappeared the screen went totally black and never “woke up.” No LED light, nothing happens when I connect it to the charger. 
So far, I’ve already: 

1)Tried a hard reset by holding in the side button, 

2)Left it on the charger for 60+ minutes (no change)

3)Cleaned the back prongs and the charger with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol as directed by the instructions. 

None of these steps have worked. BUT my Fitbit app is still connected to the watch! It says the Versa has 16% battery life and it’s still registering my steps throughout the day. Please help! I got this watch as a gift in November, so it’s only 6 months old. I wear this every day, but never in the shower, pool, or while doing dishes. I don’t know how to fix this! 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I had mine less than a year and the battery wouldn't last a day ,though it lasted 4-5 days when it was brand new. Support assured me I changed my settings to a more power consuming mode, and that was why my battery was failing. I changed the settings, and it didn't fix the issue. It just got worse and a couple months later, the battery dies 2 seconds after I disconnect it from the charger (even though it says 100% charge). 

My advice, return it while you can. It's a lemon. My bands break within weeks of buying, my blaze had connectivity iusses, my versa had issues, and now my versa 2 has issues. Thier software is the best, but thier hardware has serous issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m super bummed! It’s been great for six months….how do I go about returning it if it was a gift??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should still be able to get it replaced under warranty if you have only had it 6 months. Work with support (thier 24/7 chat support is actually very helpful and responsive). If they replace it, that should restart the clock on the warranty. I doubt you can get a refund. On the plus side, since they often fail before warranty is up, you can count on them continuously replacing them. 

Just make sure you report issues immediately, you don't want to miss out on a warranty replacement because you waited to long to get an issue addressed. 

Best Answer