Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery and syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had this watch since December 2022 (new, <6 mos.) and worked fine until about 2 months ago it stopped syncing and battery suddenly drains down to nothing! Tried several fixes and finally had to do a soft factory reset to get it back to normal working state. Then the same thing happened again yesterday. Full 100% charge on battery Saturday morning normally laste 6-7 days.

But yesterday (Sunday) noted that the battery was down to 47% and the device wouldn't sync with my tablet again. This time I did a menu --> Settings --> Shutdown and the device came back to normal operating state again. Now, I've disconnected Alexa and removed my card from Fitbit pay app, along with removing all 3rd party apps installed (like clock faces, etc).

I have had a protective soft vinyl transparent cover over the clock face but don't see how this can be causing issues, unless it's possilbe the device can overheat with the cover installed. Anyway the cover is off now just to see ... Will monitor for a while.

Is this a defective watch?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @PopsFromPA - it's not necessarily defective, the protective cover could be forcing it on, the syncing may be causing a problem, other devices may have an impact on why it is not syncing. The phone may be the issue.

Try a logout of the Fitbit App and swipe of the active face and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and the restart the phone and watch via Shutdown [wait 10 seconds before proceeding]. This often restores syncing to normal.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer