Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had this versa 2 since March. The battery used to last 5 days. Now it only lasts 2-3 days. I’ve not changed how much I’m using it nor how I’m using it. How do I correct this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some things to consider…

1. What watch face is being used? Many Fitbit developed watch faces are optimized to use as little power so possible where the 3rd party ones may not be.
  2. GPS uses more power, but since the watch does not have a GPS itself it is not a major hit on battery unless you leave it on a long time.
  3. What firmware version is the watch and phone app? If not the latest consider updating, but understand the risk first. Some have problems with the update though many of us do not.
  4. If using “always on” watch face turn it back to motion or other setting.
  5. Set brightness to normal or dim
  6. Set screen timeout to 10s
  7. Set vibrations to normal
  8. Turn off the microphone
  9. As a test only turn off heart rate if the above does not work and see if it helps
  10. As a test turn on “do not disturb” to see if there is an issue there

The final thing to try is a factory reset, though I am personally not a fan of that draconian a step. It has worked for others so something to consider.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Following because my Versa 2 is basically brand new and I purchased this one for the specific reason of the long battery life. If the battery is affected by using the awesome features that come with the device (GPS, etc) what's the point of it compared to the ones that hold a charge. 

Other forums on similar threads state that the 6 day battery projection is based on minimal features being used. So if you're like me, and you use your smart tracker for a lot, it will drain quick. So far the longest it's lasted for is two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t use GPS n my Versa 2. I only track heart rate and steps, plus I wear it to bed to track my sleep. But I’ve always used my Versa 2 for these features, I’ve not changed anything. It should hold its battery 5 days like it used to.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Some things to consider…

1. What watch face is being used? Many Fitbit developed watch faces are optimized to use as little power so possible where the 3rd party ones may not be.
  2. GPS uses more power, but since the watch does not have a GPS itself it is not a major hit on battery unless you leave it on a long time.
  3. What firmware version is the watch and phone app? If not the latest consider updating, but understand the risk first. Some have problems with the update though many of us do not.
  4. If using “always on” watch face turn it back to motion or other setting.
  5. Set brightness to normal or dim
  6. Set screen timeout to 10s
  7. Set vibrations to normal
  8. Turn off the microphone
  9. As a test only turn off heart rate if the above does not work and see if it helps
  10. As a test turn on “do not disturb” to see if there is an issue there

The final thing to try is a factory reset, though I am personally not a fan of that draconian a step. It has worked for others so something to consider.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out.

Best Answer

So frustrated and disappointed.  All of a sudden mine stated draining very quickly. In the last week I've had to charge it 3 times. Charged it to 100 yesterday and by this morning it was dead again. I've done nothing different but suddenly it wants to act up. I'm about to throw it into the trash and check other brands. I paid too much for this to have to go through this every few years. Not worth it at this point. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the tips. But if it held it's charge for 5-6 days before, no one should have to alter what they were previously doing just to keep it around their wrist. I like to track the steps, the heart rate, the sleep. I like being able to flip my wrist to have the time pop up. I use the messengering and call alerts. If they worked before, they shouldn't have an issue all of a sudden. If I have to remove the things I bought it for, I just won't keep it. Which means a lost customer. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. It's charged then goes dead after a few hours. If I put it back on the charging doc it says its full battery. So frustrating as I've not had it long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the detailed suggestions as to how to resolve my issue. 

1. I’ve only ever used the FitBit watch face. 
2. I don’t have or use GPS

3. Both  iPhone and FitBit firmware is up to date. 
4. FitBit is on motion not always on. 
5. per your suggestion I did put brightness to dim

6 Screen timeout I lowered to 10s as you suggested. 
7. I’m not getting vibrations when texts or phone calls come in. I used to before I updated my iPhone to 13 Pro.  But, I did pair it with FitBit. 
8. I don’t use the microphone. 
9 and 10….I’ll try your suggestions if my changes above doesn’t work. 

Thank you for taking the time to explain all this to me. I appreciate you!

Best Answer
0 Votes