Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery not working, would not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried charging the watch but it would only show red battery image with exclamation mark. Anyone experienced this and what did you do. I have seen from previous posts that battery is not replaceable and if this is the case, what should we do

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Gene_L277 

Hopefully I can help. The exclamation mark usually means one of two things. You either waited too long to recharge your Versa 2 and the battery is fully depleted. Or else an error occurred during a firmware update, in which case restarting your versa 2 and leaving it plugged in afterwards will cause the update to resume and complete. You will not lose any data by restarting your Fitbit Tracker. To restart your Versa 2 just hold down the button on the side of your Versa 2 until you see the Fitbit Logo then release the button. You should feel the Versa 2 vibrate shortly thereafter to indicate that your tracker did indeed restart. Place your Versa 2 back in its charger after you restart to continue recharging your battery to full. 
😃Please let me know if this does indeed provide you with an answer and resolved the issue 

Best Answer

@Gene_L277   If your Versa 2 still has the exclamation mark after charging (check with a second power source to be sure), then it can indicate a battery failure.  I looked your profile and can see that your Versa 2 should still be under warranty.  Please contact Support for more help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Gene_L277. I'm sorry to hear about what your Versa 2 shows and that it's not charging.

You can follow @SunsetRunner and @LZeeW advise and check help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I did try to restart but nothing happened just the pic of battery and ! coming up in red. I think the battery must be completely drained or something as I went on holiday for 5days and forgot my charger at home. Battery was dead on the 4th day. Got home on the 6th day and charged it but this battery symbol and exclamation mark keep coming up in red. Thought I could get a battery replacement and since checking on here I realised you cant. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for following advised troubleshooting steps @Gene_L277

I understand how frustrating this could be and the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer