Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 doubling steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 2

Six days after setting up my Versa 2 it appears the steps are doubling. I see all kinds of issues but never resolves. In the last year I had 8 different Charge 3 all due to the HR not working or dying after swimming. I understand the HR monitor and the swimming tracker are the same in the Versa. Against my better judgement I went ahead and purchased a Versa 2, after all it was more expensive and should work better. But it is not. Is there a resolve to stop the step count from doubling?

Moderator edit:Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@lhobza It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Fitbit. 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve. I would like you to provide me with more details about the double counting of steps that you're receiving. How many steps were you receiving before and how many are you receiving now? Are you driving? 

As a side note,you may want to check this article to learn more about how accurate are Fitbit devices? 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I’m experiencing the same problem straight out of the box with my brand new Versa 2. I’m wearing my older Samsung Gear Fit 2 at the same time and that confirms the doubling of my steps.  No offense, Fitbit Moderator, but your canned answer did nothing to actually address the problem IHOBZA and I are experiencing. Can you offer some practical advice rather than just referring to an article on Fitbit accuracy expectations?
Best Answer

@SF109 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned, I'll be happy to clarify your inquiry. 

Your Versa 2 will track your steps using an algorithm that's designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. Each tracker will use a different algorithm to track steps and this is why you might see a difference in the data you're receiving. 

In this case, you may want to compare yesterday Versa 2's data with today and so on. Keep in mind that it's advisable to compare day's data if you're doing the same activities.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I appreciate the more detailed response. Thank you.
Best Answer