Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 heart rate reading wildly out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been using my Versa 2 while spinning and also using an ant+ heart rate chest strap communicating with a garmin cycle computer.  

When I’m working hard during an interval, the garmin is registering an appropriate HR of around 150 bpm but the Versa is showing 120bpm.  As I rest between intervals, the opposite happens, the garmin HR drops to 110 bpm but the Versa increases to over 140 bpm.  

I know that wrist based HR readings are less accurate but this is ridiculous.

anyone have any ideas that could fix this?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@DeanoM, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 is not tracking your heart rate accurately.

In order to fix this issue, I'd like you to restart your watch as described in this help article. After this, make sure your device is positioned correctly on your wrist so that it doesn’t slip on your wrist. After this, monitor your Versa 2 during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reset the watch as per the article.

Tonight during my workout warmup, the watch read 170bpm while my chest strap read 106 bpm.

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Versa 2.  The average heart rate during exercise that it shows is 30 bpm more than my Polar chest strap/watch, while the maximum heart rate that it shows is 50 bpm higher.

Best Answer
0 Votes

6D8CAF6D-D1A9-429F-9188-9CB5520A0F8A.jpegResetting the watch didn’t help.  No matter how or where I position the watch on my wrist, it’s still reading wrong for some periods but not all the time. The screen shows the chest strap reading of 106 and the watch is reading 166. 

Best Answer

Can Anyone from Fitbit actually help with this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just to let you know my Bursa to heart rate on a door is still wildly off the mark. 30 beats per minute higher than my chest strap during normal activity and 50 beats per minute during exercise. It even went through a software update and the problem remains the same I hope you folks can get this fixed in another of software update soon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope customer service just said they’re engineers are aware and put me on a list of people affected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also happening to me after update,same thing its not accurate anymore...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was hoping the recent update would fix the problem but it did not. While the resting HR bpm is accurate, the exercise rate bpm remains wildly excessive. Likewise, the sleep monitoring function remains inaccurate with it showing that I sleep only about 2-3 hours each night. While I like the Versa 2 except for these 2 problems, I hope the engineers continue to work on these problems and get them corrected with a future update soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I might as well add my disgust to the list.  As is this is useless.  (It does give me something to **ahem** about, however.  Everyone, I think, needs a distraction at this point in time).  No complaints with the clock, timers, alarms, weather or agenda apps.  The exercise (in particular the spin and bike) apps are useless.  I too have compared the reads from the Fitbit against known accurate technology.  Not even close!  If Fitbit tells me to reboot the watch and place it higher up my wrist one more time the watch will be in permanent reboot and the watch will be around my neck.  I ordered an upscale wrist band thinking I'll turn this watch into a piece of jewelry that tells time and maybe purchasing another wearable fitness product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same issue, lower rate while working out and then the rate spikes when resting after exertion. I don’t have a chest strap so I was starting to get worried that it was me having heart issues, this is not cool at all. The other day I was simply walking and feeling a little bit of asthma, my Fitbit showed my heart rate was at 156bpm but my pulse was too slow for that to be an accurate reading 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes