Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is tracking too many steps while I'm sleeping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I bought Versa 2 Fitbit as I wanted to make sure I tracked my steps correctly and met 10k steps a day. I am finding that the Fitbit says I have already done 1 - 2k when I wake up in the morning. 

Is this usual?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @WalkingWalks. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

I'm wondering if you are using another app connected to your Fitbit account that will add more steps? Mobiletrack maybe? Low-power step sensors inside your phone track your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. We recommend using MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit device at home.

Note that adding more than one Fitbit device to your account gives you the convenience of switching between devices while still seeing a holistic view of your daily activity on your dashboard.

Fitbit devices have a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement—such as working or cooking—you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

For additional information, see Does the wrist I wear my device on affect the accuracy? and What can I do if my step count seems inaccurate?

If you want to negate the steps tracked while you were sleeping, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @WalkingWalks. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

I'm wondering if you are using another app connected to your Fitbit account that will add more steps? Mobiletrack maybe? Low-power step sensors inside your phone track your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. We recommend using MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit device at home.

Note that adding more than one Fitbit device to your account gives you the convenience of switching between devices while still seeing a holistic view of your daily activity on your dashboard.

Fitbit devices have a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement—such as working or cooking—you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

For additional information, see Does the wrist I wear my device on affect the accuracy? and What can I do if my step count seems inaccurate?

If you want to negate the steps tracked while you were sleeping, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes