Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 isn't tracking my hear rate accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, After having my versa for a year, the heart rate monitor is reading almost double of what it should. I've tested it a few times and it starts off normal and about 10 min later, it is almost double. I don't move in those minutes to see if it is reading correctly.

I have restarted my Versa 2 and turned on/off the heart rate monitor. Where can I send it to get replaced?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Tw33ty99, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details shared in your post about the heart rate reading too high on your Versa 2. I appreciate you've taken the time to test the HR monitor prior to posting here, I'll be glad to help you.

If you haven't done so yet, please restart your Fitbit Versa 2 as described in this help article. Then, make sure about the following:

1. Your device is positioned correctly on your wrist:
    • Tighten the band so that it doesn’t slip on your wrist. For more information, see How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device?
    • Heart-rate tracking may not work with certain accessory bands, especially if they’re loose fitting. For best results, use the wristband that came with your device.
  2. If you’re doing an exercise such as high-intensity interval training, boxing, or other activities that cause your arm to move vigorously, try to relax your wrist and stay still for up to 10 seconds until your heart rate appears.

After this, monitor your Versa 2 for the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

About your inquiry, note that we don't have repair centers in any country where Fitbit trackers are sold. However, if the issue persists, my best recommendation will be to get in touch directly with our Technical Customer Support department here. I can also contact them for you if necessary, just let me know the outcome of the steps recommended above. 

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Tw33ty99, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details shared in your post about the heart rate reading too high on your Versa 2. I appreciate you've taken the time to test the HR monitor prior to posting here, I'll be glad to help you.

If you haven't done so yet, please restart your Fitbit Versa 2 as described in this help article. Then, make sure about the following:

1. Your device is positioned correctly on your wrist:
    • Tighten the band so that it doesn’t slip on your wrist. For more information, see How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device?
    • Heart-rate tracking may not work with certain accessory bands, especially if they’re loose fitting. For best results, use the wristband that came with your device.
  2. If you’re doing an exercise such as high-intensity interval training, boxing, or other activities that cause your arm to move vigorously, try to relax your wrist and stay still for up to 10 seconds until your heart rate appears.

After this, monitor your Versa 2 for the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

About your inquiry, note that we don't have repair centers in any country where Fitbit trackers are sold. However, if the issue persists, my best recommendation will be to get in touch directly with our Technical Customer Support department here. I can also contact them for you if necessary, just let me know the outcome of the steps recommended above. 

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have restarted it, made sure the position is correct, watched the heart rate increase while sitting here doing nothing. I will contact the tech support that you suggested. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Tw33ty99, thanks for getting back and for the update. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes