Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 2.  I haven't used it very much since my wife bought it last year, however I have just started to use it as I want to track my heart rate and sleep patterns.  It's pretty much in it's factory default state as I haven't had a chance to play with any settings, install apps etc yet.

I fully charged the watch yesterday and started wearing it, it seemed fine.

I went to bed, and about 2 hours later, I was woken when the watch vibrated.  When I came to look at the watch, it appeared to be completely dead.  The screen wouldn't come on either by holding the watch to my face or pressing the side button.

I thought it must have run out of charge, so mounted it on it's charger and went back to sleep.

This morning, I tried the watch again and it still appeared to be dead.  It didn't show any display (like battery charging icon etc) when mounting it in it's charging cradle and the screen wouldn't turn on.

I tried holding down the side button for 15 seconds and this seemed to reboot the watch and the Fitbit icon appeared.  The watch booted up normally and was showing around 87% charge.  I remounted it on it's charger and charged it back to full capacity - then put it back on again.

Now two hours later, it appears to have just turned itself off again.  I did the 15 second hold on the side button - and again it reset and booted up, and is showing 88% charge.

Does anyone know what is going on.  A watch that is designed to track heart rate and sleep patterns through the night isn't much use if it randomly turns itself off even though it has plenty of battery charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @Moony2

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the inconvenience with your Versa 2 watch.  

Since you already tried the restart procedure a few times and the watch seems to be charging properly as well, the best way to get more immediate help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I'll need to find a time that I am available - however it has done it a couple more times now.

Tried to wear it to bed again on Friday night - 80% charge before bed (10pm), by midnight it had turned itself off.

Took several attempts, but I managed to boot it up again using the reset procedure.  I left it on it's docking station all day to recharge fully, but when I checked it later that evening (still in it's dock) it was dead again, no response. 

Tried several times to get it to reset with no avail, then it eventually came back on and is showing 100% charge.  I decided to dock it again just to see if the dock wasn't charging properly - and simply the act of docking it turned it off again.  Screen went blank again, completely unresponsive. 

It took several attempts at the reset procedure to get it to boot up again - finally going again still showing 100% charge.

Best Answer

@Moony2 Thank you for your reply and confirming that you're still experiencing the same inconvenience. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support for further assistance with this; they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the the same above issue above. I did not use this Versa 2 Fitbit for a while because I got tired of all the unresolved prior issues. I called customer service twice in the past,  followed their instructions, but to no avail. As far as I am concerned this Fitbit watch is a waste of money. I am going to buy Samsung this coming December.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roblene Thank you for your reply and for sharing your feedback about the product. I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing this inconvenience as well. 

In this case, since you already tried all the suggestions found in the Community forums, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with further instructions or let you know what are the options available for you. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 keeps turning off.  I have tried to charge it, restart it, etc etc. It seems dead now, doing nothing but turning on then off all day long

------------------------------

I have been a long time fitbit use, but my versa 2 started turning off and on now. I feel very disappointed now

------------------------------

I have tried two difference chargers, charging from adaptor, PC, etc. Nothing seems to revive the versa 2.  I have tried to restart it by holding the home button - nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your reply and confirming that you've been experiencing the same inconvenience with your Versa 2 watch, @BayAreaRealtor.  

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When Fitbit Versa 2 got stuck and could not start possibly with incomplete upgrade download, is there a way to restore to factory default?  The Versa 2 can not start in this case, so can't connect to phone app.  It does not respond to " restart it by holding the home button for 10 seconds".  It has a mind of its own keeps trying to start

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@BayAreaRealtor Thank you for your reply and confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

It seems that the Customer Support team has sent you a reply with some instructions, please let me know if you've received it. 

Have a good day, keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes