Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 left button stopped responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The left button on my versa 2 has completely stopped responding. It doesn't even feel like it's being pressed down. I haven't had the watch a full year yet. I've already tried cleaning around the button, but it didn't help. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

This just happened to me also! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SpicyLizard @Cawalsh12.

I am sorry to hear the left button on your Versa 2 devices stopped respondingThanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to assist you. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have cases with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

Have a great day!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same Issue as above, it was working perfectly until today. (27/11/20).

It is only 5 month old, received as Fathers day present in June. 

Always has protector on and never used in water.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @willssmith.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate the additional details. You may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

Let me know how it goes.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have cleaned around the button, used air like suggested and still no response from the button. I received this versa2 for Mother’s Day and previously had the blaze with no issues at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Davismartineau.

I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now in contact with the support team thru twitter, I tried the restarts as requested, even changing the clock face. Have also tried some canned air. Button is still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same issues with mine Fitbit too..

Unable to set alarms or do anything..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue happen to me months ago after only having the watch some of a year . I tried everything I found. Haven’t used my watch since but I really

hope I will be able to soon and fix the problem cause I was very disappointed and was really enjoying my Fitbit experience. 
Ali

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @akshaychennai @Aliane425. Thank you for your reply, @willssmith.

@willssmith I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

@akshaychennai @Aliane425 Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your devices. I appreciate the additional details, I totally understand how you are feeling. I would like to confirm if you've tried to restart your devices and follow the instructions suggested in this post

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same.

and the exercise function is glitching as if I have opened it to use...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems very odd that multiple people are having the very same problem at the very same time.

Update:

Cause mine too.

Friday or Saturday it started.. left buttock out of action and exercise function glitchy as if I have opened that function, but I haven’t  

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Hedgie2.

I am sorry that you are going through the same situation, I understand your concern and recommend follow the instructions suggested in this post. Please also try restarting your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reset and shutdown

still no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, @Hedgie2.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have yet to hear anything since I sent my fitbit back to you guys!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Cawalsh12.

I am sorry for any inconvenience. I've shared your post with our Support team and they will be contacting you soon. Please continue the communication through email.  

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit ,

Hope you are doing well.

I am facing a similar issue where my Versa 2's left button is not  responding. Physically I am able to press it but it's not working at all.

I have tried troubleshooting as well but it hasn't worked.

Could you please help?

PS: I had created another thread but haven't received a response on that and now I am not able to find it so requesting on this thread.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes