Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Brand new Versa 2 decided to charge it straight out of the box.  All I get it the fit bit diamond and then a black screen

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I believe I have it, thanks for your help

--
Gayle 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @IZ4, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe I have it, thanks for your help

--
Gayle 

Best Answer

You're welcome @IZ4, thanks for your update.

I'm happy to know that your charging issue was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo.

I'm having a similar problem in my new versa 2. But I'm getting the message about not getting enough power to charge my Versa. I already tried all the solution I've found in this forum and also on the official webpage. But still my versa won't charge. When I plug my device in my computer it tries to charge but it gives the message related to lacking power to charge. When I try to charge from an outlet the versa does not detect the charger and it won't start charging at all. I already tried 3 different chargers and any of them will work to charge. Is there anything I can try ? Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Esteban.montene, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for the details that were shared in your post. To fix the battery issue you're currently experiencing with your Versa, I recommend you charging your Fitbit device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much. Let me know if the same message is shown on your Fitbit so we can move forward. 

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
Thanks for your answer. I already did what you suggested but I'm still
having the same problem. I do have an UL adapter and I have also tried on
different computers and different chargers, all these options have failed
to me.

Thanks again for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Esteban.montene, your reply is also appreciated.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with the battery of your Versa 2, it's certainly not working as the way it was designed. That said, let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon.

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Ricardo, for your assistance, I'll wait for the email. I really like
the Versa 2 and it would be unfortunate if I cannot get a solution to my
problem. I enjoyed my Versa 2 for 1 month and suddenly it just won't
charge, this was disappointing.

Thanks again for your help.

--

*Esteban 

Best Answer

Is there a resolution for this? My Versa 2 is doing this exact same thing. No matter where I plug it in, whether it's a UL-certified outlet or directly into a USB port on a computer or using any other charging device, I get the error that there is not enough power to charge. There's enough power to charge much more intensive devices such as my iPhone ProMax and my iPad, but not a Versa 2? That doesn't make sense. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem was with the four brass contacts on the back of my Versa 2 being a bit degraded.  In order to charge it, I have to position the watch in the charger just right on the countertop (usually sitting upright with the lower band stretched out in front).  Sometimes it takes two or three positioning changes to get it to charge.  I'm getting a new Fitbit...this one is two years old.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!

My solution was to call Fitbit customer service, they sent me a
replacement. My device never worked properly. My second watch worked
totally fine.

--

*Esteban Montenegro-Montenegro*

* Postdoctoral Researcher *

* UC Davis Alzheimer’s Disease Center- East Bay*

* 100 N. Wiget Lane, Suite 150*

* Walnut Creek, CA 94598 *