Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not syncing the correct time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 2 - almost 12 months old. It has suddenly stopped syncing the clock. My clock displays a time approx 2 hrs behind aust EST. 

I have tried a hard reset, unlinking and relinking to my account, changing the time zone back and forth. 

It will sync to the new time zone correctly but then revert back to the incorrect time when synced to my own time zone. 

Issue has been ongoing for 2 months or more.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Heidy87, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'd like to follow up and help you with your Versa 2 since it stopped syncing the correct time. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

The clock might not be correct due to the syncing issue. In order to avoid providing the same information, please let me know how the hard reset was performed.

In the meantime, try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article in order to fix the syncing issue. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. Finally, monitor your watch and see if it syncs and keeps the correct time.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue as everyone else with time running late.

Told that you need to have the app on in the background 24/7 and that there's nothing else you can do to fix it.

Funny enough the time and watch worked fine for the first year I had it. Yet somehow this is my fault now for not having the app on in the background. Was also told that not syncing it for 24 hours was too long despite me saying that syncing it only fixed the issue about 80% of the time.

I would highly suggest if you can return the watch to do so. Support won't help and if you read a couple of the other forum posts on this same topic, you'll see that there really isn't a fix for this. 

I even asked if Versa 3 would have this issue as I'd like to move off the faulty 2, but got no answer. Looks like Garmin or Apple Watch next.

Good luck to you all

Best Answer
0 Votes

It may be related to the automatic time zone issue.

Can you try in the Fitbit App, click profile photo, app settings and turn off and on automatic time zone.

Restart the phone and shutdown the watch from Settings, About, Shutdown.

Wait 10 seconds then place on the charger to start it and try and sync and see if the time comes correct.

Of course your phone needs to be on the right time setting too so that it gets the time from the network automatically.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer