Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 over counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Fitbit Versa 2 yesterday. I wore it for three hours at home and took more than "3000 steps" despite being mainly seated. I fell asleep before midnight and this morning, still in bed "I had already taken 20 steps". I'm seated all day and now I "taken 6000 steps". I took an elevator but the device also marked the stairs and this morning I took a bus and a metro, the device calculated the distances as steps.
Restarted the appliance several times yesterday evening.
Also restarted the phone.
Dominant arm adjusted right and I wear the Fitbit on the left.
Step measurement at 80cm.
I am very disappointed... Did I buy a defective Versa? Never had these problems with the first Charge.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@GiuliaP Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Versa 2 over counting steps and thank you for checking the settings of the device. Your device will detect the movement on your arm and translate that movement into steps. There are situations in which your arm may move but you won't be actually walking. For example, this may happen when you are playing the drums, burping a baby or clapping. It can also happen while driving. You can negate these steps by logging a driving activity.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

It seems that many has this problem with Versa 2 and it over counts steps by many! It is not only by clapping or (for me) knitting or the other suggestions, it even counts steps while turning in my sleep.

It seems by all the messages in forum that it might be caused by a software update?

I've had a Garmin - a cheap and small watch - until now, but at least it counted accurately. Versa HAS to count more precisely. How can this be solved? 

Sincerely, Katrine 

Best Answer