Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen came off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Team, 

Since morning my Fitbit versa 2 display panel is coming off from the watch device. I am sure there is no accidental damage to my device and I handle my device with great care

IMG_20211120_121536.jpg

. Though I try to fit it back to the panel and it is again coming off. I am not sure whom to contact. It would be great if I get support from Fitbit to get this issue fixed. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there, @Bhuvanmsv. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing a photo of your Versa 2's screen damage. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please note the screen cannot be replaceable. When a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

I'm sorry for the trouble you had while trying to contact our team. Though, please note the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online again or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

However, as our warranty states, it doesn't apply to damage or defects caused by:

(a) use with non-Fitbit products

(b) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes

(c) normal wear and tear or aging of the Product such as discoloration or stretching

(d) operating the Product:

(i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by Fitbit

(ii) not in accordance with instructions provided by Fitbit

(iii) with improper voltage or power supply.

For more information about this, you can check our warranty policy.

Hope this information helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Goodday

The same thing happened to my daughter's Fitbit Versa 2. I want to know where I can get assistance with this problem. I am very dissappointed with the chat line,since I waited for a week for their email just to let me know they can't help me. Can you send information to me in letting me know of any direct or indirect company that can fix my daughter's fitbit. She handled it with the utmost care,and I even ordered a new wristband for her. I love the fitbit product,I also own one. It is just frustrating when you have a need to get some help from your company.

Can you please help me?

Kind regards.

Best Answer

This happened to me too.  I am wondering if it is an issue with the silicon that hold the screen degrading?  I have had no damage and it just came out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me as well both on my old versa and my new versa 2. Unfortunately as I'm a few months out of warranty they won't replace it. This seems to be a recurring issue with many devices. I'm thinking of giving up in Fitbit and going for a different brand.

Best Answer

Same with mine, screwed around with Fitbit for a week and said screw it and bought another online as the Versa 3 came out so a replacement 2 was cheap.  This will be the last and I only did it because I was used to it.  You also can't have two similar devices in one account so the BS of constantly tracking won't work as you have to charge every other night and don't get any sleep data (one of the reasons I bought it).  Versa 3 promises are ALL bogus i.e. PO2 readings.

Best Answer

The cement for this face has to be engineered to last just past warranty. I was a watchmaker for 40 years and this is a bunch of crap that they can't repair it or use a cement that is long lasting. They just want to sell more watches

Best Answer

It's not cement it's adhesive 🤦🏽‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

But yes I'm also facing the same issue I have a 1st generation fitbit versa and yea my screen is cracked but the adhesive is too weak I'm using tape to currently hold it together

16542614305484546486108587745621.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The adhesive seal breaks down over time. I minimize the amount of time I wear it in water & never wear it in salt water. Found this video that shows the breakdown of the seal & an option on how to glue the screen back on. 
https://youtu.be/WqV3o6kEmmk

Best Answer

That's the thing I never wear my watch in the water and have always had a case on it. I had forgotten it the day the screen came off but it has almost never been wet other than if ive been caught in the rain .

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, I have the same exact issue. I take very good care of my unit and never get it wet. But here I am in the same boat with you. While searching online, I see that people's inquiries get marked as "solved" but in reality they just copy/paste the same answer that screens cannot be replaced. It appears to me that screens coming off is a very common/faulty issue with this product. What a shame they won't fix it. So much easier to say-- go and buy a new fitbit

Best Answer