Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen popped off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my versa 2 screen has popped off - I haven’t had it from long and wasn’t doing anything just noticed the screen was hanging on.

ive only had it since 14 nov 2019!

I’m had this happened to anyone else??

thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Yasess28.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally just had this happen to me today.  I too have a Fitbit Versa 2.  I wear mine most of the day and almost always to bed (since I do use the sleep tracking feature).  When I woke up this morning, I noticed the screen hanging by the ribbon that connects it and the circuit board.  It almost looks like the screen is only held in place to the frame with some adhesive.  It almost looks like over time it just no longer holds it.  I found another thread about this with Versa's (but it was closed).  There's over a hundred people posting about it since 2019.  It appears the build of the Versa 2 is poor as most seem to experience issues with the screen popping off anywhere from 15-18 months after they got it.  In my case, mine popped open after about 23 months.  Regardless, this should NEVER happen to a device that's not even been dropped or abused.

Anyways, I contacted Fitbit support (via chat) and explained the issue.  The opened a ticket/reference to see about my warranty options.  In my case, the warranty had experienced but they had emailed me a 35% discount towards a purchase of a new device (and good for the next 30 days).  The prior treads about this issue mentioned that some got emails for 25% discount codes.  So, I guess the 35% I got was better than I could have hoped.

Having said that, Fitbit (now that it's owned by Google) needs to improve on it's build quality.  Clearly they know about the poor build quality as the Fitbit team didn't exactly ask more questions (as was the case with my prior fitbit) and within an hour I received the offer for the 35% discount on a new device purchase (as warranty had expired).

Bottom line, I encourage others who have this issue to chat or call Fitbit support (regardless if your warranty has expired).  Not only does that let them know how many more devices had the issue but complaining about it also sends a message that they need to do better.  Last but not least, you might as well get something out of it than pay full price (if you choose to get another Fitbit device).

Best Answer

Had the same issue happen to me this week.  Less than 2 years on the device.  It was not dropped, and did not hit anything.  It just popped off while I was wearing it.  Hopefully Fitbit will acknowledge there is a systemic problem with their device and do the right thing.

Best Answer

Well, I contacted support and was offered 35% off (list price) on a new Fitbit device.  As mentioned above, this is not very valuable as the devices are frequently on sale for nearly the same discount.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in the response from Fitbit.  I really liked the Versa 2, but given the unreliability, I guess its time to explore alternative products.  

Best Answer