Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 side button stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Side button on versa not working. We’ve  been Fitbit users for several years and gone through several different models. Starting to see trend a lot of their products don’t last long for the price. My wife and I had gone through several replacements either through warranty or buying new ones (due to being out of warranty) when something broke. We like the functionality and especially the heart rate/sleep tracker but getting tired of it breaking down. I’m starting to consider looking into other brands if I can’t find a solution to fix this. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Moochie169  - try this to see where the problem is Versa won't turn on, screen black, button not working 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Moochie169. I'm sorry to hear your Versa 2 side button stopped working.

Please clean around the button with a toothbrush, canned air or with a little cotton with alcohol. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Thank you for your advise @Guy_.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I too was affected by this. I got my Versa second hand from my dad who was upgrading. Despite FORCEFULLY (with ALOT of my bodyweight) pushing in on the Right side buttons, they just would NOT budge. * holding the watch sideways in my hand and the buttons, one at a time, on a countertop.! I asked my dad why they were so stuck. Apparently he had never used those buttons! To quote, "What would you need to use them for,  they just controlled apps" & such.  A brief soak in 50/50% alcohol & warm water loosened them up from all the dried dead skin & whatnot that had become impacted in & around them. Followed by more thorough cleaning. I know, "Gross", right?!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @dannerpaint. Thank you for sharing the steps you have followed in order to make your Versa buttons work.

It seems like your father didn't give all the use to his watch. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer