Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working after getting wet

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got in the pool with my Versa 2 and the screen went black as soon as it made contact with the water. I let it sit for about 48 hours and then tried to charge it but it will not come on. Is there anything I can do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Absentia. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your watch is still not responding after taking the above into consideration, as @Guy_ has suggested, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Absentia - - it should be noted that the watch seals are not always very robust and also degrade over time. If you swim, get the watch wet or even sweat a lot, water can get in and cause the watch battery to drain very quickly and get hot when charging, if it does stop immediately.

You can try drying in a bag of rice for a few days but generally if it turned off the damage has been done and even if it does recover it may not work properly, so most likely needs replacing.

It can be replaced free if it is under warranty

If no longer covered try getting another Versa 2 which will be fully compatible as later Fitbit watches are more expensive and may not have the same features as your current watch. Also note the names of any clocks or apps you use in the Gallery tile for easy reinstallation if necessary, or research other brands too

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Absentia. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your watch is still not responding after taking the above into consideration, as @Guy_ has suggested, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbits are promoted as being able to be worn swimming to 50m- if there’s problems

with every Fitbit worn in the pool maybe  shouldn’t promote them as pool adept

Best Answer