Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working after software update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

PLEASE HELP!

My Versa 2 stopped working after updating the software.  The screen is constantly black.  I've tried to restart it and sometimes it buzzes but the screen continues to stay black. The green lights on the back sometimes light up and sometimes they don't.  Days before I updated it, it had started to misread my heart rate while exercising so I decided to do the update.  Contacted Fitbit and was told unfortunately the device is out of it's warranty (i bought it in Jan. 2019) and I'd have to buy a new one.  Not very happy with the suggestion as the watch is fairly new and shouldn't have this issue so soon.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pdomi014 At this point I would try performing a factory reset (restoring the tracker to factory defaults):

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@pdomi014 At this point I would try performing a factory reset (restoring the tracker to factory defaults):

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa received as a Christmas present in dec 2018. It is only 1 year and 4 months old, after the update it stopped reading my heart rate, sleep, only counting a quarter of my steps and the green light will not work. I was told the same I have to buy a new one in a time of a pandemic, when we are barely working as it is. Mine stopped working 5 days ago when I updated. I tried factory reset and the whole thing nothing has worked....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Keeverad Is it Versa or Versa 2? I would attempt several factory resets in a row. Also, are you located in AUS or EU? They have 2-year warranty period.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m locating in the United States. I have attempted 3 factory resets 3 different days in a row I’ll try back to back resets when I get home today. It’s a versa, stopped working 5 days ago when I did the update never had a problem with it before hand.... sooooo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have attempted 5 resets back to back and still nothing. No green light, no tracker, no heart rate. But when the versa reconnects to my Fitbit app, it states there is a update to the firmware available. Once I try to update it all only gets a quarter downloaded then a red x appears on my watch. Then it disappears. I guess I need to call Fitbit again and wait on the phone for another hr call to get nothing answered again. This is ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes