Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 syncing/GPS issues

This has been a recurring problem with the Versa 2 and it coming to a head. The bright side is that I recently learned Fitbit can sync with Strava. The bad side to that is the diagnostics and GPS on the Fitbit are so poor that this ends up being all but useless.  

The GPS often start tracking until at least 20 minutes into an activity mode, sometimes longer. And when it does, the track zig-zags all over the place. I am livid that my 20 mile run on Saturday only recorded as 14 miles because the GPS didn't record the first 6 miles. And likewise today where only the last 1.5 mile out of 4 miles were recorded.  Bright sunny day, no clouds.  

Please don't say to update the tracker because that will only lock up a phone. Having to sync the watch with a smartphone while closing the app, adjusting bluetooth, opening the app, resyncing about 3-4 times for about half an hour is also absurd.  

I've barely had this watch a couple years and this issue has been going on for at least 18 months. Is there any way to refurbish the watch or get a free upgrade to something that works. 

I would also be more than willing to forgo the Starbucks and Spotify apps if the watch came with more battery power in activity mode - having it crap out 2/3 into a 50 mile race was unpleasant.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0