Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • My fitbit Versa 2's screen has lost the touch screen function. The clock and app are working and collecting data but I can't use any of the functions from the screen or move between heartrate/steps/calories or start an exercise, any ideas? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Luci13J  - if the button works try restarting by holding the button for 10 seconds till it vibrates and the logo appears.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Luci13J. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

As @Guy_ has suggested, please restart your Versa 2 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

And what happens when your side button no longer works… I was just stuck on the wallet for 3 days until my Fitbit battery died which forced a reboot after charging and now I finally see the time again. But otherwise my Versa is a paper weight. Touch screen and side button no longer functional.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @esems - that seems a good solution if both touch screen and button don't work.

If it is syncing well you could try changing clock face, that could also break the cycle.

If the watch is working fine otherwise and the battery life is reasonable it could be a firmware issue otherwise it could be internal damage.

But if the button and touch screen are not working how did you get into wallet mode?

After running down and restarting is it working normally again?

Hopefully it is under warranty, but even so you can chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @esems. Welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

To better assist you, could you please let me know if you've attempted both recommendations I provided here?

@Guy_ Thank you for always helping out! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Guy_ ,

There was a brief moment before the touch screen stopped responding entirely that it would glitch just enough to change screens. I was swiping every which way trying to get back to the main a screen and I must have hit the wallet icon.

I have tried changing the clock face but the screen is unfortunately still unresponsive. I am at least back to the main screen so I have the time and my step stats but I cannot use the device for any other uses anymore. I even have an alarm that goes off at 8pm every night and I have to wait for it to turn off on its own as I cannot snooze or silence it.

And of course the warranty ended in December 2022 and I started having issues in 2023. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit 

I changed the clock face and the screen was unfortunately still unresponsive. As for restarting the device I am unable to do so as the side button suddenly stopped working around the end of January. That was why I had to wait for the battery to drain for it to restart on its own and I was at least able to be back at the main clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

9836DBF5-645C-46B8-A4CB-5C64A9D7EB7A.jpeg

I meant to include a photo of the back of the Fitbit. Only one of the sensors (of 4) is lighting up. I can’t recall if this is normal or not.

@MarreFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only one of the sensors on the back of my Versa 2 is lit. I've a slightly different problem to the OPs which has it's own thread (no screen at all at the moment) but I'd also like to know if only one lit sensor may be a clue to anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this until the fitbit logo appears but still the screens not responding to touch

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do i change the clock face? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to do it through the app. Fine the settings for your Fitbit after clicking on your profile icon. Then select gallery 

Best Answer