Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 unresponsive to touch and button

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the Versa 2 at Kohl’s the day after Thanksgiving. Intermittently since then my screen would be slow to wake when I lifted my wrist or pressed the side button but over time, this has increased in frequency. I have tried to turn it off and on, sync it with the iPhone (XR if that matters) and factory reset it many times. I have switched back to the basic clock face, switched to a different third party face and back again, there’s no change in issues. Within the last week it is fully unuseable. It randomly “flashes on” when I raise my arm, but does not respond to touch or pressing the button. I can’t even try to factory reset again because it won’t respond at all. It does charge, but only sporadically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JessiRenee. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Versa 2 is unresponsive to touch and button. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Since you've tried already to switch to Fitbit clock face, I would like to confirm the steps you tried to restart your watch: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If you experience difficulties with charging your watch, please try these troubleshooting instructions.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried both holding down the button until it restarts, and resetting it through the menu options. After switching from the Fitbit face I currently use, to another Fitbit face, my watch worked normally for about 6 hours and then slowly started to become unresponsive again. After this started I tried resetting it through the menu options and resyncing it. There’s been no change in response, and it now appears “dead” for all intents and purposes though it is still tracking some of my steps when I sync with my app, although it’s not tracking everything accurately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JessiRenee, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since you continue experiencing difficulties with your watch, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for all your help, I hope to hear from this soon and have this come to a quick resolution. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @JessiRenee. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your time and feedback. I am sure our Support team will do their best to help you. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations, they may need more time to respond. I appreciate your understanding. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes