Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 warranty replacement process - Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have owned several Fitbit devices since 2010.  Although they all haven’t been perfect.  Fitbit has always stepped up & resolved the issues.  My wife recently purchased a Versa 2 for my Birthday from Costco.  Not a month into ownership my screen blacked out.  This sequence of events started 10-1-2020.  Contacted customer support.  After going through a sequence of resets he said they would send me a replacement.  I asked if they needed the bad device back.  He said no & to expect an email shortly to verify my address.  No email.  Called back the next day.  The representative said they had no record of me calling the previous day & had to start the whole process again.  This time they wanted a photo of the screen & asked me to ship the bad device back.  It took about a week for the device to get back to them.  I called in again & asked about the device.  They check up on it & was approved for a replacement.  This process took well over 2-weeks.  I finally got the replacement device.  The device did not come in a new box like the one my wife purchased.  All the items where sent separately.  No problem as long as the device works.  Started the new device process.  The apps would load up but not function.  I also was not able to change my screen.  I contacted Fitbit again through chat this time cause it was the weekend.  They had me go through troubleshooting with them & approved a replacement once again.  I asked if this was a refurbished watch?  They avoided answering the question.  I was told to sent that back.  I sent that watch back November 7th.  I call yesterday to follow up on the device.  They said they barely received it this Tuesday & to wait for an email of the when they would send a replacement.  Today November 19th & still no word on my device.  I have the watch tied into a wellness program through work.  Now I have missed more than a month of exercise tracking cause of a faulty device.  Not sure what to do anymore.  Just felt I needed to get the word out.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @JesusCano, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I’d suggest you contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Also, for a better understanding of the information they provided to you, please check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer