Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't stay connected to my phone's Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my versa 2 will not connect to bluetooth, I have tried resetting phone and watch, even removing app and reinstalling, but having trouble staying connected, it will connect for a short period of time following a reset and then just loose connectivity, Bluetooth on phone is ok as I have other things that's stay connected. This has only happened since I upgraded my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @RAW1976 - this is a known bug in the new V4 Fitbit App which you will have installed on the new phone. The old V3 Fitbit App presumably installed on your old phone didn't have this problem.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @RAW1976. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot the connectivity issues with your Versa 2 before reaching out, I understand where your concern is coming from. I'll be glad to help you!

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend the following steps in the order listed:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 2 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

@Guy_ Thanks for stopping by and your input! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for your help, I have tried this as described, it did sync the
watch to the app, but unfortunately only that once, and now can't connect.
Have tried turning off Bluetooth the phone and watch, sometimes this works,
not all of the time, but only sync once if it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes