Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't sync or connect to my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I eventually managed to have all services working with my Smartwatch in regards to Syncing, Bluetooth and Wifi connections. I.managed to factory reset and reinstall the Fitbit app multiple times and eventually it all connected and worked fine.

I decided to turn off my phone and press "shutdown" on my watch because eventually I would have to turn it off and I wanted to see if it would connect back automatically but now I am having sync issues again and it is absolutely frustrating to keep reinstalling to app and setting up details etc and I dont want to be going through this press as never ending cycle. I just want it to connect as normal not have these constant issues. Any tips or anything to help resolve this?

The app and smart watch is updated. My device is Android Samsung J5. Android version is 7.1.1 so everything is compatible and it worked so its no excuse for anything to be outdated. Power management and notifications are set also.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! I apologize for the late response. I'm sorry to hear that you're having syncing and connection difficulties with your Versa smartwatches. Thank you so much for your time and efforts while troubleshooting these issues. 

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

I've seen the most of you have already a support case, I'm glad to hear that the majority of you are back on track after contacting our Support Team or after following the recommendations provided in this thread. I must say that I really appreciate all of you are helping each other. For the ones who are still working with our team I'd suggest to keep your conversation with them as they'll know what's the next step to try after everything you have done.

If you're still in need of help, follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything) to solve the issue:

1. Unpair your smartwatch from the Fitbit account
  2. Unpair your smartwatch from the phone's Bluetooth settings
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your smartwatch once again. 

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Said so, I'd wonder if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher.

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

I'd advise to follow the troubleshooting steps provided here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I have been having the same problem for a couple days now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

*UPDATE* 

I have it connected and synced perfectly once again. It had to be manually connected by deleting the device within the app and connect it manually with bluetooth and set up wifi etc. I had to restart my phone and and app and smartwatch  for it to be syncing together once setting it up once again and is now working fine again! 

Although, this is not the case and I should not have to be doing this every single time! I never complain of purchases but so far the worst investment ever because of the issues and not worth the money! 3 days to figure out how to get it connected and working! Now I have to figure out sections on how to use it with tracking fitness etc.

Big waste of time! If I know my phone is the issue then Id be happy to know that but other than that, its not good enough! No explanation as to why its happening and no confirmation if it is my phone or that! Beyond ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues, and need to know how to delete the device from the app, since it doesn't give me any options for that.  I'm beyond frustrated with this device, I've had it for about two years and every time I go to another time zone, I have to spend multiple sessions trying to get the stupid thing to sync. I've deleted the app from my phone and re-installed it, and nothing helps.  Plus, now that I've re-installed it for a fifth time in the past week alone, the new dashboard doesn't have an option for step counts, only calories burned.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything you did 3 separate times.  Last time was yesterday - it syncd at 9:06.  Didn't last an hour.  My watch has lost 30 minutes in 24 hours. If the watch kept time I wouldn't mind as much but now it's just an expensive pedometer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my Versa 2 to even connect now.   It says the app has "found it" but it just spins saying "connecting to device."    I was trying to change the time on the watch because I lost several hours.  Couldn't change the time.  I'm sitting next to my router and the Versa 2 is fully charged.

Best Answer

**UPDATE**  Did a live chat with Fitbit, and she was able to confirm that my tracker "was not paired" with my phone. (phone software is up to date, by the way).  Then was told that because my tracker is out of its warranty coverage, they could email me a discount offer on a new unit, and she ended the chat.  Not sure this is the best customer service I've ever experienced...

Additionally, since they have changed everything to be more geared to a subscriber to their programs, i.e. a "monthly" paying customer, I think I'll just get a step counter on my phone and be done with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I figured out how to fix this.  I had to go in and "forget the device" under bluetooth.   Hopefully this will work and I won't have to keep doing this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To delete the device in the app click into it and on top right corner there should be a rubbish bin icon to click into. Then once thats done go to homepage and click “setup device “ again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeniseHinxman I tried to click forget device under Bluetooth to unpairing but re-pairing it is a common issue for me that’s why I had to do it manually. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KarenR1983 Read my reply below I forgot to tag you in it 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I apologize for the late response. I'm sorry to hear that you're having syncing and connection difficulties with your Versa smartwatches. Thank you so much for your time and efforts while troubleshooting these issues. 

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

I've seen the most of you have already a support case, I'm glad to hear that the majority of you are back on track after contacting our Support Team or after following the recommendations provided in this thread. I must say that I really appreciate all of you are helping each other. For the ones who are still working with our team I'd suggest to keep your conversation with them as they'll know what's the next step to try after everything you have done.

If you're still in need of help, follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything) to solve the issue:

1. Unpair your smartwatch from the Fitbit account
  2. Unpair your smartwatch from the phone's Bluetooth settings
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your smartwatch once again. 

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Said so, I'd wonder if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher.

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

I'd advise to follow the troubleshooting steps provided here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes