Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 won’t sync my steps from Wednesday nor my sleep, probably other things too but that’s what I pay attention to. I have tried:

Restarting my phone

Restarting my fitbit

Turning Bluetooth off and on

Forgetting my fitbit and reconnecting to my phone Bluetooth

Restarting the app

Deleting the app and redownloading it

Updating both the app and phone 

I’m getting really fed up with this happening so frequently. Normally I’m able to resolve it doing one of the above, but it still isn’t working and I know it isn’t because the battery level is still showing up at 49% on the app when it says sync complete but it was charged fully and currently at 81%. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@EmmaKuhnsman- the data is held on the account, replacing the watch merely changes where the account gets it's source data from. It should setup Bluetooth and can install the watch firmware if not already installed. Data on the watch not already synced may be lost if a new firmware is installed but the data already on the account remains intact. In your case it shouldn't install firmware, unless you factory reset it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @EmmaKuhnsman - you should have it working after all those steps but try the following.

Remove the watch from ALL Bluetooth devices.

Logout of the Fitbit App on your phone and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and then restart the phone and watch.

Login again and wait for any pair, link or Fixit prompts and sync.

If this isn't working run the "+ Set up a Device" and replace process and sync.

If still not working check the phone Bluetooth has an active entry for the watch ( made by the Fitbit App, don't do it manually).

If the watch is suffering other symptoms it may have a fault.

If the Fitbit App is missing the goals or tiles click on Edit with the green popup when you login and add them and sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is the only device connected to my Fitbit via Bluetooth. I also have an iPhone, not an Android. I tried to Forget This Device and follow those instructions but it wouldn't allow me to, it just kept Versa 2 connected without the (i) and option to disconnect it. I turned off Bluetooth, followed those steps, and it didn't work still. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @EmmaKuhnsman. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before posting here. @Guy_ Thank you so much for your help!

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following in the order listed (even if the majority of them you tried already):

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 2.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.
  • Once your Versa 2 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 2 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

 Unfortunately, my phone literally will not give me the option to unpair. If I turn Bluetooth off and on again, it automatically repairs and doesn’t give the option to forget this device. 

IMG_5057.jpeg

Best Answer

@EmmaKuhnsman - thanks for the photo, it might give you the possibility if you logout of the Fitbit App and turn off the watch from the watch Settings About menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that and now the Versa 2 won’t even show up on the Bluetooth menu. I restarted my phone as well and it still doesn’t show up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmmaKuhnsman- try

• restart the watch,
  • turning Bluetooth off and on,
  • also try logout and login of the Fitbit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing 😕 Not sure what order of steps can help at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmmaKuhnsman- since you restarted both watch and phone, try in the Fitbit App click profile photo and "+ Set up a Device".

If this fails see What should I do if I lose my Fitbit device? This may tell you if the watch has stopped transmitting a Bluetooth signal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this lose all my data if I replace it, even if it’s replaced by the same watch?

IMG_5061.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmmaKuhnsman- the data is held on the account, replacing the watch merely changes where the account gets it's source data from. It should setup Bluetooth and can install the watch firmware if not already installed. Data on the watch not already synced may be lost if a new firmware is installed but the data already on the account remains intact. In your case it shouldn't install firmware, unless you factory reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright thank you! That worked!

Best Answer

@EmmaKuhnsman - thanks for the feedback and your patience, glad it's now fixed.

Best Answer