Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 GPS is dropping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

The GPS on my watch either doesn't connect or the connection drops out intermittently during my runs and I am running exactly the same route near my home every time. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @CarolineH4. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please take into consideration the following:

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

• Check that GPS is turned on for the exercise. For more information, see How do I turn on GPS for an exercise on my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure that your device is charged to at least 80%.
  • Confirm that your device is syncing with the Fitbit app. The more you sync your device, the faster your device can connect to GPS.
  • Avoid trying to start an exercise with GPS several times in a row, which can prevent your device from connecting to GPS.

See if GPS connects after each step

1. Force quit, and reopen the Fitbit app to refresh the connection with your device.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your phone.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @CarolineH4. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please take into consideration the following:

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

• Check that GPS is turned on for the exercise. For more information, see How do I turn on GPS for an exercise on my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure that your device is charged to at least 80%.
  • Confirm that your device is syncing with the Fitbit app. The more you sync your device, the faster your device can connect to GPS.
  • Avoid trying to start an exercise with GPS several times in a row, which can prevent your device from connecting to GPS.

See if GPS connects after each step

1. Force quit, and reopen the Fitbit app to refresh the connection with your device.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your phone.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Both my husband and I have the versa 3 and mine does not get the entire walk and steps. His seems to not have that issue. And I did try the whole log out, restart and reboot thing. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @BeatePowell. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. 

Please note that if you're in a new location farther away from where you normally walk, it may take a few minutes to connect.

With that being said, I'd like to know if you've recently changed your normally location? How long do you wait for the GPS signal to connect? If you've noticed it's less than 5 minutes, please let your watch try to connect for at least 5 minutes before cancelling the exercise. Your Versa 3 will continue to try connecting and you can go about your walk. 

Also, please make sure your Versa 3 meets the requirements for connecting to GPS. For more information, see Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Moreover, please be advised that environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No major changes on my end. I set it right after I walk out the front door,
wait for the circle to complete, as does my husband with his versa 3. His
reads the miles right and he does not seem to have connectivity issues. I
constantly have to reset the Bluetooth and the app on my phone. Any
suggestions?
Thank you,
Best Answer
0 Votes