Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 GPS won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have bought my Versa 3 a few months, just trying to use the GPS, but it keep showing GPS connecting....., 

I have tried the online help, tried restarting my watch, tried restore my watch yo factory reset. Nothing is working. The terrible thing is I bought my watch online, so cant even go to the store to ask! And no email support system! 

Maybe  its time to quit the Fitbit!! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Yantu. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Please note that if you're in a new location farther away from where you normally run, it may take a few minutes to connect.

With that being said, I'd like to know if you've recently changed your normally location? How long do you wait for the GPS signal to connect? If you've noticed it's less than 5 minutes, please let your watch try to connect for at least 5 minutes before cancelling the exercise. Your Versa 3 will continue to try connecting and you can go about your run. 

Also, please make sure your Versa 3 meets the requirements for connecting to GPS. For more information, see Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Moreover, please be advised that environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

Hope this helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Yantu. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Please note that if you're in a new location farther away from where you normally run, it may take a few minutes to connect.

With that being said, I'd like to know if you've recently changed your normally location? How long do you wait for the GPS signal to connect? If you've noticed it's less than 5 minutes, please let your watch try to connect for at least 5 minutes before cancelling the exercise. Your Versa 3 will continue to try connecting and you can go about your run. 

Also, please make sure your Versa 3 meets the requirements for connecting to GPS. For more information, see Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Moreover, please be advised that environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

Hope this helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the 5m wait.

Tried with my phone right beside.

Tried factory reset.

At home where I've connected before. No tall buildings, nothing.

GPS doesn't connect.

Any ideas as to what to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes