Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Screen Wake Up Very Slow

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a new Versa 3 over Christmas and I'm generally very pleased with it. The only problem so far is that screen wake takes a very long time. Sometimes I have to tap the screen 7 or 8 times for it to wake up and it can take up to 10 seconds. It does eventually come on, and the rest of the touchscreen actions seem fine, but it's annoying that it lacks sensitivity for that first operation.

Is this common, or do I need to re-set it?

Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Two things,

the back button will wake it,

and try swipe to the right when its on and check all the icons are greyed except the middle bottom one.

Then when you raise your wrist quickly to look at the watch it comes on automatically.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Two things,

the back button will wake it,

and try swipe to the right when its on and check all the icons are greyed except the middle bottom one.

Then when you raise your wrist quickly to look at the watch it comes on automatically.

Best Answer

Thanks !!! 
I had the same problem but it seems to be ok now !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I use it in Automatic mode (which even then only seems to wake up half the time when I move my wrist rapidly) but I'm just surprised that the screen is so unresponsive to being tapped. Spending up to 10 seconds trying to wake it up seems excessive.

Best Answer

Did you need to reset it or did it just get better over time?

Best Answer

Are you raising your arm and twisting your wrist at the same time?

The motion is as if you are standing with your arms by your side and you want to see the time.

Works perfectly for me, I'm wearing it on the outside of the wrist when standing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, and I seem to be getting better at that specific action. There are just times when I want to tap the screen awake and that seems way harder than it should be, so I wondered if it was a common problem or if I had a faulty screen.

Best Answer
Thank you I think I’ve got it working!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. The lag has gotten longer too. I know the button will wake it too, but I'd rather have it work how it's suppose to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the lag with the standard watch face?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems ok now — I thank you for asking.
Best Answer
Yes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MishInPDXHave you tried restarting your watch, it may clear the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the back button? Nothing I press works. I tap all over the screen and try the mystery side button that I still am not sure whether it's the wide indentation or little dot but neither responds very well. It's very annoying, 

Best Answer

I've done all the things suggested here and tried both manual and automatic wake settings. Still have to tap it a stupid number of times. But when I'm hiking, it'll jump screens for no reason without touching it. I don't understand it at all. Why don't things come with clear instructions anymore? I can't even figure out the side "button" with no button (and no, I'm not a technophobe). I press it 10 times at different angles and maybe it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with the "haptic button"!

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @moonbebe11  - it can take a while to get used to the button.

try

Worn on the left arm -

rest your other thumb on the arm to the left of the watch

and forefinger on the back of the hand

and do a gentle squeeze of the watch.

Using a finger nail won't work.

practice this technique till you are able to turn the face on and off easily.

An even better solution is to swipe the watch face right, when it's on, to get to Quick Settings and ensure the watch/wrist action icon is enabled. Then just raise your wrist to look at the watch and it comes on by itself.

Best Answer

Awesome!! Both techniques worked! Thank you 🙏🙏🙏

Best Answer

I'm new to fitbit. My screen wake is set to auto and my versa 3 is still really slow to wake with a flick of my wrist. Especially in bed at night if I just wanted to check the time. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  - this is normal at night.

Ideally set a sleep schedule for the night.

When the watch is in sleep mode auto wake is disabled and to see the time you need double tap the watch, without annoying the neighbors, or surreptitiously just push the button to see the time!

Best Answer