Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 battery draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 battery keeps needing to charge every 2-3 days, been like this for about 3 weeks. I've had the watch since 2021.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @lyncarmel  - as you have a Versa 3 your post is moved to that forum.

If you have enabled Snore detection and have the Spo2 tracker app installed 2-3 days is about normal, other features or settings can decrease the battery level quickly also.

See the major issues causing shorter battery life 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that, have checked some of the possible reasons and turned them off, will see what happens.

Best Answer

Hi there, @lyncarmel. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3. 

I agree with @Guy_, if you're noticing that the battery is draining overnight, it could be the snore detection feature. Please note that this feature does impact your device’s battery, so we recommend charging your device to at least 40% before going to bed. For more information, see How can I use my Fitbit device to detect snoring and noise levels while I sleep? 

However, I'd like to share with you that the battery life will depend on how frequent certain features are used in general. Because you're using an Always-On Display clock face, I'd recommend changing the clock face to another one made by Fitbit and monitor your it's behavior in the next day. Additionally, try turning off this setting by opening the Settings app on your watch > Display > Always-on display.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the exact same issue. I am losing 75% battery in 48 hours. As of this morning, not only will my Versa 3 not charge, it's actually losing a charge while charging(but shows it's charging).  I contacted Fitbit, they confirmed that it's not holding a charge and gave me a small discount off a new one because it's outside the warranty window. It was also purchased 8/2021.  I'm furious.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gabbypet Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit device before reaching out. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Since your device was out of the warranty period, and therefore was not eligible for repair or replacement, we wanted to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I understand it is out of the warranty period, this isn't a wear and tear issue. I was told by Fitbit directly that my watch battery was defective.  To me, that would be falling under a defective device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes