Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 battery started draining after the update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the most recent update the microphone on my Fitbit versa 3 suddenly won't work and now the Fitbit is chewing through 70% or more of its battery in 24 hours. I don't have premium so there is no snore setting for me to turn off, I have the brightness relatively low, and I don't use the always on display. Prior to this update I routinely got 5 to 6 days battery charge. I didn't change any setting since the update. I am very unhappy that I made the mistake of letting the Fitbit (and the app) update without checking to see if there were complaints on the forums first (my usual practice). I've had fitbits for four or five years at this point and I've learned to distrust updates because bugs like notification stopping to work or sync issues are pretty common. This is the first time I've had actual features on the device itself this catastrophically impacted. This one might be the last straw for me. When I'm ready to replace the versa 3, Fitbit will NOT be the first device I look at. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF UPDATES BECAUSE I'M WORRIED THE MANUFACTURER IS GOING TO BRICK MY DEVICE OR MAKE IT UNUSABLE

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @murjd17. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

Before considering other options, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?. Afterwards, keep an eye on your Fitbit device's battery behavior to see if the issue persists. 

Also, make sure you've checked these tips and recommendations to preserve your Versa 3 battery life. 

If the above doesn't make any changes, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did speak with Fitbit support yesterday. The "troubleshooting" (if you can call it that) was little more than taking steps to reset my Fitbit and to make sure that I don't have any High battery drain settings turned on. I had already done all of these steps prior to contacting support. I had even performed a factory reset on the device. The next step in the process, apparently, is to see if my device is covered under warranty. Of course it's not. I purchased my versa 3 two years ago and had a warranty replacement a year ago after the original Versa 3 proved to not be swim proof beyond 3 inches of water. Fitbit warranty department was "nice" enough to offer me 35% off a new Fitbit device. Seriously?

No mention of the fact that nothing changed with my device until the most recent update. It's absolutely shocking that I would have something that's functioning just fine and getting 5 to 6 days of battery life and then overnight that same device starts draining almost 15% of battery per hour. How is this okay?

And also it's somewhat comical that the moderator changed the topic title.

Best Answer
0 Votes