Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 has gone into reset loop mode

ANSWERED

My versa 3 has gone into reset loop mode. 
have tried various ways to do factory reset and it will not activate it. 
Unsure what to do & when we pay what we have for these items, they should not mess up this quickly 

had so many more issues since having to connect a Google account

seriously thinking of ditching fitbit and going to one of the other seemingly more reliable trackers 

premium member as well, so will there be a refund for any of that lost use/content ?? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Rach2734. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still stuck on the reboot loop. I understand how you must be feeling, we're here to help you! 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If the steps that our team has provided did not work, please feel free to contact them back for further assistance. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. 

We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Thanks in advance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there, @Rach2734. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still stuck on the reboot loop. I understand how you must be feeling, we're here to help you! 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If the steps that our team has provided did not work, please feel free to contact them back for further assistance. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. 

We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Thanks in advance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

they sent me details how to do a factory reset which I said I already had and had done in my email to them! So they clearly didn’t read the information.

i am now waiting for yet another response to several emails I have sent, with no reply! 
Not helpful in the slightest.

if the company I work for had a customer support team like this we would go out of business!

I just want to know if the issue can be resolved or what other options you are going to give me. 

Would it be easier to just go to a competitor tracker company and give them my money?!?!

Best Answer

Hi Maria.  I have the same issue as listed above - Versa 3 Stuck in download loop.  I did all the trouble shooting myself and with a technician on the call.  I got no where.  The only thing that I got was a discount for a new Fitbit.  When I went to look at the reviews for a new Fitbit all of them were having issues, not one type of Fitbit watch was working.  Supposedly a new update was pushed out, which caused many issues.  I am still seeing there are issues.  One person asked why Fitbit could not go back to the previous update - there was not response.

I am looking into going to a competitor's tracker myself.  In my industry if we had a tech support that did not respond or show some sort of workaround to keep customers happy, we would be out of business and all fired.

What is Fitbit doing to fix this download loop issue?

Best Answer

It really is disgusting isn’t it their lack of acknowledgment or responses.  Was starting to think it was ‘just me’ 

Best Answer

I have done all this as I said in my initial post and contact with the support team…. Still in reboot /reset mode

I can’t get any response from anywhere to help me on this. 
So now what?? 

I am so frustrated, disappointed and disgusted with Fitbit ‘help’  

Since merging or being taken over by Google things have gone downhill fast.  What is the point of having a support team if they offer absolutely no support?? 

Best Answer

Dear Mod,

The fact that your response was the best answer, is both disgusting and not surprising.

My Fitbit Versa 3 is also stuck in a loop.  Even killing the battery and recharging didn't resolve it.

Clearly you want to push people to either upgrading their Versa line or switch to a Google product.

@Rach2734 there will not be an "official response" regarding is there a fix or is it just dead.  It is dead.

I would suggest others that have this issue, dump the Fitbit line and move on to something else.  Fitbit did this to the Pebble Watch after they bought the company.  It is not surprising to see Google do this to FitBit.

Best Answer

My versa 2 is doing the same. On the app it's still showing the step count, heart rate etc but the screen is completely black. I've watched every tutorial on YouTube and read all the troubleshooting and what I'm finding is many more people are having issues since the update with versa 2 and versa 3! I simply cannot afford a new device so if there is no solution I'll just be abandoning it. 

Best Answer

I have had the exact same issue with my Versa 3 stuck in the infinite rebooting loop.  I have read the forums and went through "help" with no success.  Tried all the press button combinations with no luck. So I guess the Versa 3 goes in the trash and I will probably go to Apple watch.  Never again will I support this company.

Best Answer