Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is not tracking my floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the new update in versa -3 the stairs climb count specification has changed it looks like. In india you don’t have a 10 meter elevation of one floor climb. Like if o climes 5 floors which has 8 steps  & then 3 steps to climb one floor and the height of each floor is 10 feet. So the stairs are not getting accounted for. Any help here 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Rajfit. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3.

Please note since forever, Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps.

With that being said, keep in mind that it tracks floors by measuring changes in air pressure through a small hole in the back of the Versa 3. If this hole becomes blocked then it can cause this problem. So, please try cleaning it with by following these steps How do I clean my Fitbit device? 

Don't forget that Fitbit devices that count floors have a small hole (altimeter sensor) on the back of the device so please don’t insert any items, such as paper clips, into this hole as you can damage your device.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Rajfit. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3.

Please note since forever, Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps.

With that being said, keep in mind that it tracks floors by measuring changes in air pressure through a small hole in the back of the Versa 3. If this hole becomes blocked then it can cause this problem. So, please try cleaning it with by following these steps How do I clean my Fitbit device? 

Don't forget that Fitbit devices that count floors have a small hole (altimeter sensor) on the back of the device so please don’t insert any items, such as paper clips, into this hole as you can damage your device.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes