Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is stuck in a boot loop

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up this morning to my watch being dead and I knew it was charged. I put it on the charger and found that it was going through a boot loop over and over again. The logo shows up, the watch vibrates and shuts off and repeats the process.

I took it off the charger and it kept rebooting until the battery died. I try to turn it on now and it shows the logo and then the 0%  battery icon.

Anyone know what I can do? I've only had this watch since May...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Kittia. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about your Versa 3's behavior. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3.  For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

If the restart doesn't work, I suggest to perform a factory reset by following these steps:

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there, @Kittia. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about your Versa 3's behavior. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3.  For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

If the restart doesn't work, I suggest to perform a factory reset by following these steps:

2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I can't factory reset my watch if it's stuck in a reboot loop.

Best Answer

@Kittia Thanks for trying to follow the steps I provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the exact issue you were. 

rosalinko!
Best Answer

It never got fixed. They had to send me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that sucks. I guess I'll just start the process of sending it in then. Thanks. 

rosalinko!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have the exact same problem.  I tried hard reset - no effect.  I can't soft reset as the screen isn't displayed.  Someone on the online chat suggested I use a small button on the USB end of the charger cable to reset, but  there's no button!  So I suppose I'll have to progress trying to replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update on boot loop problem.  One of the online chat guys told me:

2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
3. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
4. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it again, until you feel a vibration.
5. After you feel the vibration, release the button.
Please try this and let me know how it goes

I tried this and it Worked!

Best Answer

I just had this issue, only had this Versa 3 since beginning of Oct! Online chat person had me go through everything including the 8 seconds yada yada yada....but since the device is unresponsive none of this works.  They are replacing mine since it is only 2 months old.  This is the 3rd Fitbit I have had over the years and each one has had it's own problems.  I will take the replacement but I am switching to a different brand!!!

Best Answer

How long did it take once you sent it in before getting another one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just sent it yesterday, Dec 7th so…I’ll post how long the process takes once I receive a new one! I’m not waiting for the replacement as this is my third Fitbit over the years that has failed. I ordered a Garmin fitness tracker which are on sale right now! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

when you start ignore the fact that it does not finish to boot. just hold the button until you fell the sort vibration. after a few tries finaly the screen remained on but got the message that the data is not clear with a big red cross and it was stuck there. tried again the above steps with the same result. deleted the watch from fitbit app and it was found as a new watch, accepted, put the code and asked for update. tried to update but after 5% message was that it failed. tried several times with no succes. That happend with a sony phone. tried with a different phone (galaxy s8) and succes. (over the bluetooth) hope this helps someone

Best Answer