Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 issue 'download app' message

A few years ago, I had a versa3 that stopped working. It was still under warranty so i got it replaced. I worked fine for  a few days then it just whowed the 'download the fitbit app' I tried everything and eventually threw it in tge draw and left if for almost 2 years.

Before I throw out a brand new phone I thought I should try again but I can't get past the message and the app on my phone can't find the versa watch.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Yeosomite - firstly the watch must be charged, and the only watch that is on and restarted, and the phone rebooted and the only device running the Fitbit App.

If there are Bluetooth entries for it on the phone remove them.

Then in the Fitbit App go to the device /account (Connected to) page and Add more devices, select your watch and replace.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the delay, 

I havnt been well the last few days. 

I will give your suggestion a try and let you know how I go

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi jogger

I gave your suggestion a try but it didn't work.

My first versa worked fine for almost a year then it just died and now this one hasn't worked at all. I'm giving up on fitbit.

Thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yeosomite- if your watch is displaying 'download the fitbit app' it is probably fine.

You may need to remove the watch from the account page [if it is still present] and logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it. Remove the Bluetooth entry from the phone and restart the watch and phone, then set it up like a new watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes