Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't stay connected to my phone's Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm totally blind! The only wya I know that Fitbit App has lost the connection to the Watch is when I Ask one of my Echos for steps and it tells me i hasn't sinced up within the last NN minutes or X hours. Then when I go and check the Fitbit App on the phone it says it is trying to Sinc and doesn't work. Then it keeps on trying and trying and trying like every 20 seconds sucking battery on the phone.

Now this needs to be improved. If I go into the App manager and force stop the Fitbit App! Then it connects with no issues.

What I think needs to happen with the Fitbit App is if it doesn't Sinc twice within 1 minute. The App should not keep on trying to Sinc being it looks like it will never work. It should stop at that point, Do a Foce stop on teh App and ten retry again in 5 or 10 minutes on its own. This away it will recover on its own at some point and will not suck the battery near as bad. Being the way it currently work isn't doing the job. The latest firmware for the Versa 3 may be good for a sighted person but does nothing for a totally blind person being we still have no way to know the watch and phone aren't talking with one another.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @BlindUser. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. 

As a first approach, may I know the model of your mobile phone? Please make sure it meets the requirements listed here.

Note: If you see the phone disconnected icon on your Versa 3, your Fitbit device can't communicate with your phone. With that being said, I suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided here Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

You missed the fact that I said taht I'm totally blind. This means I can not see anything at all.

But anyway! I ahve an Samsung Galaxy S10E and about 90% if the time the Versa 3 and phone stay talking. But when it disconnects! I ahve no idea it isn't working being I cannot see at all. The only way I know it isn't uploading data is when I happen to check Alexa from an Echo device and it tells me i haven't uploaded any data and give me the amount of time.. Then that is when I have to go into my phone and do a force stop on the App to get it working again. This is why I suggested how it the Fitbit App should be changed to make it better at error recovery. I do system programming for mainframe systems and I know how I would create code that is much more error proof then what Fitbit currently has it if I did Android coding. For the mainframe, I create rock solid code. Why is because I don't want to get called in the middle of the night and want things to recover on its own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlindUser the app, when running in the background, only tries to sync once, maybe twice, every 20 minutes. 

However when a user opens the fitbit app, it keeps trying, simply because the user is looking for the data. 

I'm glad stopping the app works for you, I find I need to clear the apps cache. 

Do I have an answer, no, but when I notice that I'm not receiving notifications, communication is down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes