Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Bluetooth issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone else had or got this problem the time on my versa has started to go slow when this happens it won’t sync on my phone it won’t connect via Bluetooth  I have to go through switching Bluetooth off  forgetting device removing it from my account reinstalling app etc etc and when I do get it to connect it only lasts for a short while 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

after many attempts to connect my versa to my phone 5 emails later with the same info  from support that makes the versa connect for a couple of hours then starts to loose time and won't connect or sync 

i have to constantly set my versa up as a new device now its taking about an hour to find the device  and when it dose it generates a number to put into the app software then it fails 

has anyone else had these issues 

iPhone 8 plus

iso13 with the latest update

Best Answer

@andy_glass It's the latest iOS update. There were changes in Bluetooth settings introduced by Apple. Those will have to be addressed by Fitbit mobile app update. For now, please try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again.
  8. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  9. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  10. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  11. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  12. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  13. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried your instructors twice but the versa never appears in the iPhone settings to continue onto the next steps ?

Sent from my iPhone  
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried your instructions twice and both times the versa never appears in the Bluetooth so I can’t continue any further ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andy_glass are you trying to pair it manually from your phone's bluetooth settings? This should be done from within fitbit app. Reboot your phone, reboot Versa, open fitbit and this should prompt Versa to sync. If it's no go, I would try to pair and sync with other device - tablet or other phone, and then trying to sync again with your iphone. I remember that trick used to work for me when I was an iphone user. 🙂

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andy_glass it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the Bluetooth connection issues that your Versa is experiencing.

I appreciate the time spent trying the workaround you mentioned above.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. Finally, monitor your watch and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to connect the versa through the app it took 7 hours at on point to find the versa connected for a couple of hours the the app came up can’t find device I have to constantly set it up as a new device today when I did this it flashed the pairing numbers on the screen for a very time then disappeared and if you manage to read the number it fails and generates another number this continues till the number stays on the screen when you put this number it sets up but after an hour or so it drops the connection again and the setup as a new device has to be run again  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andy_glass this is a nightmare. ugh. My best gut feeling tells me it's due to iOS13 as there seem to be a lot of bluetooth issues related to this update. Good thing is it will get corrected. Nevertheless, if it was me I would still try pairing/setting up my watch using non-iOS device. Just to make sure there's no issue with the watch itself.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

email I got today from Fitbit 

after 14 emails trying to fix my versa

We appreciate you getting back to us and for providing us with additional information that will help us to better assist you.

We'd like to let you know that we’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us back.

Sincerely,

Christine Z and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

email from Fitbit today after14 emails and loads of instructions that didn't work 

We appreciate you getting back to us and for providing us with additional information that will help us to better assist you.

We'd like to let you know that we’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us back.

Sincerely,

Best Answer
0 Votes

email from Fitbit today

Sincerely,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andy_glass At this point, I would pair/sync using other device. Also make sure you update Fitbit app as soon as the new version is available in the App Store. There was one for Android so perhaps one for iOS is coming soon too. Support won't know the dates for fixes and new releases.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t have any other devices to sync to I tried it on my daughters phone it still dose the same
I have to reinstall the app every day today said on App Store that the app was updated a week ago
I have uninstall the app
Remove versa from phone Bluetooth
Restart phone
Reinstall app
Set up as a new device
To get it to sync and that only last a few hours
the time on the versa starts to run slow and the versa won’t sync anymore
Then it’s back to the start again
I see more and more people have the same problem

Sent from my iPhone  
Best Answer
0 Votes

@andy_glass hmmm not syncing for several hours should not "slow down" the time much, so this is weird. Also, does your daughter uses iPhone? I guess what I am trying to figure out if there is another issue here - i.e. if there's a problem with the tracker itself that would warranty a replacement. It would be good if you could test the sync with the device other than iPhone. I know you have no easy access to such a device, but that's all that comes to my mind beside waiting.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
It syncs right after I reinstall the app
For a couple of hours max even
if all day sync is on I know that it has lost sync cause the time is wrong lost minutes or hours when I check it in the app it come up device not found and won’t sync and I have to reinstall the app again I think the most I have had it synced for in the last couple of week is 4 hours

Sent from my iPhone  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Never works. I have been dealing with this for 9 days now. After day 5 I stopped contacting customer service when they explained that I had tried everything and would just have to wait for it to be fixed. I have managed to get my versa to sync once every 2 days but it doesn't last. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great customer service !!!!!!!!
Let’s hope they get it sorted soon 🙄🙄🙄

Sent from my iPhone  
Best Answer
0 Votes