Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

Add me to the list of long term customers who will never buy another Fitbit again.

My versa screen cracked today somehow. I've spent the day working at my computer as well as watching TV. Absolutely no activity, and I've got 3 massive cracks going across my screen.

It is extremely obvious that there is a design flaw leading to the cracked Fitbit Versa screens, and it's embarassing that Fitbit will not acknowledge it. The fact that they don't even offer a repair program for the screens is an insult, what a huge waste of $250!

Buyers beware, Fitbit should be ashamed.

Best Answer
Piece of garbage. Buy an Apple Watch with a warranty from the store or
apple direct. Any company selling a product that doesn’t have the
capability to fix their own product is destined for failure.
--
Phil Utterback
(630) 258-6713
Best Answer
I completely agree, the lack of replacement or repair tells me Fitbit
doesn't care about their long term survival, who will buy another Fitbit
after this??
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow well from what I can see there are a lot of unhappy customers? So Fitbit, don’t you CARE???????

Kind regards,
Shannon Dallenbach
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what i have been saying my cracked just show up on my versa i will never buy another fitbit its sad. That they new this flaws thats why they wont cover it i have warned facebook twitter instragram and fit bit community and kohls

Jeananne hill
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is flaws in the versa this is why they are not covering it

Jeananne hill
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the really sad part, they don't care.  They probably read these and still don't care.

In my case I was even willing to pay for the repair and they still didn't offer a solution; period. I purchased mine at Best Buy , so I called their corporate office to let them know of mine and many other peoples issues with any type of repair or service and extremely poor customer support. I made sure that they understood that I didn't hold them (Best Buy) responsible, however they should place a sign or instruct their sales associates of the issues. People will still buy the product, hoping that they will be lucky one and not have any issues, but they should be forewarned just the same.

Best Answer

This is a watch, not a phone, size matters here.  The screen cannot be replaced in a cost-effective manner, same for the apple watch.  Only answer is insurance, in case you break it and need to replace, like your car.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes
Right, because we'd replace our entire car every time the windshield
cracks...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mfsyyc you're missing the point.  It's not practical, cost-wise, to replace parts on small tech like the Versa (and the Apple Watch).  If you break one part, you've "totaled" it, just like a car...in which case you'd have to pay for it unless you had insurance.

Tom
Best Answer
Are you being paid by Fitbit to defend them? I hope your screen cracks next
so you can understand the problem yourself. This is clearly a design flaw
if the screen can break from every day use without an impact. I don't
actually care how Fitbit solves the problem but they need to stand behind
their product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree! They need to stand behind their products or offer
insurance to cover things such as screens.

I was fortunate that Kohl's took my cracked screen versa back and exchanged
it for another. I have put screen protectors on since then and haven't had
any problems.

This doesn't excuse fitbit for not standing behind their products. A good
company does, even if they have to take a loss. I will not do future
business with this company.

Cara Hawkins
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's try to keep things civil, @Mfsyyc, I hope you don't mind if I don't reply in kind.

I have no idea how a screen would break without an impact, but this is entirely beside the point I'm making.  The screen can't be replaced no matter the cause.  The watch would have to be replaced in entirety.  As to whether there could be a design flaw, I can't say except that there's none in mine.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes
They should stand behind a product that costs this much with these flaws,
cover with insurance or don't sell at all.
That's my opinion and after only having my first one for 5 days with no
aggressive activity, they should have offered to replace it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's only a matter of time before these defects gain publicity and are
reported on, $250 for a disposable tracker is insane.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You seemed to have missed the point at lease in my post.  The "watch" cost basically with tax $200.00.  If they offered to even sell me a new one at $100.00 I would have paid it since it was not covered under any kind of warranty or any insurance (which was not available).  Now, I am out the full cost. 

And with all due respect comparing it to an Apple watch isn't even close, as they do offer to repair the screen "for an out-of-warranty fee" if the damage was caused by accident or abuse..  It is electronic and as such they are subject to "issues", and a company such as Fit Bit, with their amount of sales should have a plan in place, which they don't. If you read the forums you will see they issues across their whole line and lots of complaints and very little solutions. These are not a $28.00 toaster, but I have had a better experience returning one than a $200.00 "smart watch" and that is wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I welcome you back to the discussion when your screen breaks. Posting
in a problem thread telling people that it's their problem isn't helping
anyone, take a hike!
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, Apple watch does not repair the screen.  If you pay for the warranty, which is not cheap, the watch will be replaced and you still part part of the cost of the replacement.

The cost of the Versa has nothing to do with replacing a non-defect watch...a $20,000 watch won't be replaced without a warranty unless there was a defect either.

The bottom line here is that if there was a manufacturer's defect, then it should be replaced without cost, otherwise no.  I have no idea what sort of "plan in place" would change this.

The vast majority of Versa watches (including the 2 in my family) have no issues.  That proves nothing, but neither does any other single case.

Btw, if you break a toaster, you won't be able to get a new one for free.  If you return an unbroken watch, you might.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

Telling people that Versa watch screens break without impact isn't helping either.

No hike today, just a bike ride.  Hope your day is good as well!

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you don't Agree with us, you've given us your opinion which we all
disagree with... can you just leave this chain?
Best Answer
0 Votes