Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Does Not Register Heart Rate, Sleep Properly Anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Versa literally one year and six days (it was my birthday present last year), and of course now that the warranty is out, it has starting giving me problems.

The first thing I noticed was a few days ago when I was working out, but my watch was not finding my heart rate at all. That has never happened before.

Then I noticed that after I fully charged it, the battery went to 64% in 24 hours. My usage was the same as always and that has never happened. I realize battery life decreases on products over time, but an almost 40% decrease in 24 hours is not normal when I was using the watch the exact same as always.

Then last night, my sleep was not registered properly. The watch says I was up at 6:00 am and only slept 5 hours last night. One night last week, my sleep was also not registered at all. I can only assume the heart rate sensor would cause this issue.

So is this just a typical "your device is going to start dying after a year" issue? Has anyone else dealt with this and managed to fix their device? And yes, in settings, Heart Rate is On, Screen Brightness is Auto, and Screen Timeout is 10 seconds. I do not have any alarms set and my clock face is not animated. I had the HR Charge for over two years and never had any of these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I’m having similar issues. I first noticed it when my calories weren’t tracking correctly anymore. Normally during Zumba my Versa says that I’m losing over 300 calories and now I struggle to get past 100. During HIIT last week it reported only around 120 calories lost!

I’ve been reading on here, trying to move my watch higher up on my wrist, inside my wrist, loosened the strap, tightened the strap, cleaned the sensor, restarted 3 times in a row... but when looking at my watch during workouts I’m noticing that it’s the heart rate that is reading way too low and now and then it disappears entirely. 

I’ve had mine for roughly the same amount of time as you also. Does anyone have a fix?

Best Answer

In addition to my previous reply, I have been in touch with Fitbit chat support. We went through all the steps for trying to fix the issue and after nothing working, I’ve been advised that Fitbit are aware of the issues and are trying to work on a fix in the form of an update. If the issue persists after the next update then I’m to get in touch again, so I thought I’d share what I was told for others who are having the same issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted them on chat support Monday after I saw other posts on here with the same issues being ignored. I had already restarted and reset the device before chat, but they made me go through those steps again and the green sensor was still not working. They are being kind enough to replace my device since I was so close to the warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes