Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite is losing steps after syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I average 15,00 steps a day, my morning walk is over 8,500 I had done nearly 18,000 today then while I was syncing it the screen juddered snd wiped 10,000 steps off!! Checking my last weeks steps it also did it Sunday , it was over 18,000 but now showing 8,000 what can I do to remedy this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Micapopulus. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your step data. 

While reading your post I was wondering how frequently you sync? When was the last time sync before this incident with your steps? If you're not syncing and you start wearing your Fitbit device without first syncing, please note what happened to you is an expected behavior. You should have logged in to sync the Versa Lite before you began wearing it.

If you remember the exact amount of steps or the name of the activity you performed, you can try manually logging the activity. To get more information about this, check the article: How do I manually log an activity or exercise?

@Guy_ Thank you so much for your help!

I've moved your post to the Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Micapopulus  - this may very well be a bug but to be sure restart the watch by holding the button for 10 seconds till it vibrates and the logo appears and wait for it to start.

Also in the Fitbit App click profile photo and check you don't have MobileTrack installed and if so remove it.

Make sure to use only one device with the watch and remove the watch from the Bluetooth of other devices.

In case it is an app fault logout of the Fitbit App, swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and restart the phone.

Login again and wait for any pair, link or Fixit prompts and sync. It may or may not fix past errors but hopefully will resolve an app issue.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
I’ve tried that thank you will see how it performs today. Particularly annoying as I’m aiming for 100,000 a week for a challenge. I usually do over 90,000. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi there, @Micapopulus. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your step data. 

While reading your post I was wondering how frequently you sync? When was the last time sync before this incident with your steps? If you're not syncing and you start wearing your Fitbit device without first syncing, please note what happened to you is an expected behavior. You should have logged in to sync the Versa Lite before you began wearing it.

If you remember the exact amount of steps or the name of the activity you performed, you can try manually logging the activity. To get more information about this, check the article: How do I manually log an activity or exercise?

@Guy_ Thank you so much for your help!

I've moved your post to the Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes