Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good Day

My fitbit Versa Lite "froze" and lost all connections with my phone

I have done a factory reset on the watch, but have difficulty now setting up the watch again from the app? Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @cornelsteyn8003, welcome to the community.

Can you try going into you phones Bluetooth settings/menu and make sure that the Versa Lite is unpaired/forgotten from there, then go back into the Fitbit app app and try the set up process again.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will it update if it not paired? When i do that it just say connection
lost!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The idea was to start the set up process again from the start, as sometimes after the factory reset the Bluetooth pairing remains (in the phones settings) and causes set up issues. I think from your initial post and the fact that you did a factory reset, this is where you are having problems? When you go into the Fitbit app and tap "set up device" it should re-establish the Bluetooth connection and start the set up process again.

So you would unpair from the phones settings - open the Fitbit app on your phone - tap profile picture - set up device - follow the set up instructions and set it up again. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me try this, i will revert back to you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working! I have re installed the app again and even tried registering with another email address... Updating firmware stops after a while... Was updating yesterday and it took all day to reach 29% then failed anyway!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can only find the following troubleshooting steps (below) from this help article, although I believe you have already tried these steps. If you have, I would advise you to proceed with contacting customer support (here).

UPDATE FAILED OVER BLUETOOTH

If you have trouble updating your watch over Bluetooth, try these steps to resolve the problem: 

1. Turn Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. (Versa Lite only) On your watch, open the Settings app > About. If your firmware version is 38.6.1.1, attach your watch to the charging cable and plug the charging cable into a USB port on your computer before you begin the update. Keep your Fitbit device close to your phone or tablet to complete the update.
  4. Remove your watch from your Fitbit account. For instructions, see How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?
  5. Remove your watch from the list of Bluetooth devices paired to your phone. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > find the watch in the list > find an option to forget the device.
  6. Reconnect your watch to your Fitbit account. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device?
  7. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your phone and retry the update.

If you still have trouble updating your watch, contact Customer Support

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes