Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Not Keeping Time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly, yesterday afternoon, my Versa wasn't keeping time.  It was about 30 minutes slow.  Even though I had 50% battery, once I got home, I restarted my Versa and put it on the charger.  The time reset to the correct time.

Last night, I noticed it was again lagging behind by about 45 minutes.  When I woke up this morning at 5:40 a.m., my Versa said it was 2:26 a.m.

I again reset it, put it on the charger and let it fully charge.  It reset to the correct time, but now, it's 18 minutes slow.

When I try to sync it with my iPhone X, it says, "Device not found."  I also am not getting notifications when I get a text, or reminders to "move."  

I read the thread about an update.  I went to my account and I don't have the option to update, so I'm not sure if it hasn't been rolled out to me yet, or if the updated happened automatically without me noticing and that's why I'm having issues, or what.  And no, I have not updated my iPhone to the newest ios version yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@KDMomto3 Time is lagging because your versa lost BT connectivity with your iphone. It needs to sync. That's also the reason why you are not receiving notifications. Update is being slowly rolled out to everyone, so you will need to wait. But in the meantime, you can try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again.
  8. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  9. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  10. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  11. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  12. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  13. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  However, I have not updated my iphone, so could this really be the issue?  

Last night, my Fitbit battery died during the night...and then this morning, after charging, it was stuck on the logo screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  However, I have not updated my iphone, so could this really be the issue?  

Last night, my Fitbit battery died during the night...and then this morning, after charging, it was stuck on the logo screen.  Today, it's basically non-responsive.  The screen won't come on even with pressing buttons.

I guess I'll post something else about today's issues in hopes that a moderator will be flagged.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted something yesterday about my Versa not keeping time.  Someone suggested it was because I hadn't received the update yet.  However, I haven't updated my iPhone, so it seemed as though maybe the update wasn't the issue.

Last night, my Versa battery died (I charged it fully yesterday).  This morning, I put it back on the charger.  An hour or two later, I noticed the screen was stuck on the FitBit logo, so I restarted it.  Now, my Versa is basically unresponsive.  I have a black screen and nothing comes up when I push any of the buttons.

As an FYI, I have the Versa Special Edition (purchased in May 2019).  My iPhone is on ios version 12.1.2.

Best Answer
0 Votes