Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite - Steps Never Accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys, 

I purchased my Versa Lite in August so it’s fairly new. I honestly think I’ve had a step count problem since I bought it, but today was my first time running to compare the distances.  I jogged 3 miles on a treadmill and my Fitbit is showing I ran .81 miles. I understand there being a slight difference, but woah now! 

I’ve changed my stride length about a million times. During my run today, my stride was set at 10 inches. Which is ridiculously low considering I wear a size 9.

Help! I really want to like my Fitbit and it’s great with my weight lifting and stairmaster, but I need accuracy on my daily steps and while jogging as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Same problem with mine.  How do you change the stride length? I can't find that. Mainly though, I thought my fitbit one was off and the Versa 2 is even more off.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ANicole1 

When you use the treadmill, do you keep your hands on the handle bars?  Because then the reading doesn’t work. 

On the other hand, when I’m riding a bike, sometimes I get extra steps. 

I think it’s all in the movement of the wrist. 

When you use the Versa outside while walking or running, use the GPS functionality.

it then can measure your stride length with should be albout 75 cm (30 inch).

@SueVQ13 

Go on your phone to the Fitbit app

click on your picture top left

go to Advanced settings all at the bottom of the list

go to stride Length

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer

@MarioDings 

Hey! I do not run with my hands on the bars. For the last mile, I overly pumped my arms while running and it didn’t make a difference. 

I’ve tried the stride length on the default setting, on my actual stride length and a super low stride length. Still no difference. Stride length simply isn’t making a difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will start running with the gps and see if it adjusts. It’s new and I haven’t run outside yet.
Thanks,
Sue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes