Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Notifications and Virtual Quick Access Buttons after 4.0x update(s)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I guess I should have read through that epically long, and now locked, thread about the 4.0x update(s) before updating my Versa, but if you are lucky enough to not have updated your Versa yet, and primarily use your Versa for notifications and fitness tracking, do yourself a massive favor and do not update. 

The 4.0x update adds this incredibly obnoxious quick access pop up on TOP of your notifications, and it takes about 1 second to automatically come in and cover your notifications, then 2 seconds to go away, whenever you access your notifications, which makes reading your notifications mind bendingly annoying now. 

I have no idea why anyone thought it was a good idea to make the act of reading notifications take longer, especially when the "upside" is a flyaway quick access menu. Was there literally anyone out there who asked for a quick access flyout menu?

Wouldn't literally any method that gave those quick access buttons their own gesture and not tied to another very commonly used gesture make a lot more sense? I mean...swiping right seems the most obvious, sensible action for this...since swiping right does literally nothing from the home screen right now. 

I really can't properly elucidate the deep depths of annoyance this change brings. Does anyone know if there's a way to "update" to older versions of firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @fueledbygin, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your feedback regarding the 4.0x update on the Fitbit Versa. I understand how you are feeling and would like to advise that it's not possible to "update" to older versions of firmware. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Feel free to post your thoughts and suggestions in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes